Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Built solution for real-sense plugin with unreal engine, but I have errors!

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am working on realsense SR300 with unreal engine 4.13 and I used the official plugin that posted in the intel website. Also, I installed SDK realsense R2 but I have a lot of errors when I built solution for the plugin using visual studio 2015. Anyone knows how can I solve this problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you provide details about the errors that you are receiving please?

Have you seen this guide to setting up RealSense in UE4?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/ue4-adding-the-intel-realsense-plugin-to-a-new-project UE4: Adding the Intel® RealSense™ Plugin to a New Project | Intel® Software

And this article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/ue4-accessing-the-intel-realsense-color-camera-stream-in-blueprints UE4: Accessing the Intel® RealSense™ Color Camera Stream in Blueprints | Intel® Software

There was a discussion earlier this year about another UE4 user who had errors with their R200 model of camera and the SenseManager component. A solution was not found in that case though, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Marty, Thank you for quick responding. Actually I read all the links that you sent to me but I have error to build the realsense plugin with unreal engine 4.13.

Last year I followed the same instruction and it was working with me, but this year I have some errors. I am not sure if I should use the old version of realsene SDK 2016 R1 or older version of unreal engine to make it work!

Let me know if you need more details...

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I haven't seen those errors before. Then again, this is only the third post I've seen about using UE4 with RealSense since RealSense launched in 2014! So it is difficult to diagnose problems because there is very little previous material to use as a reference.

Are you using the official Intel EU4 plugin? There have been two versions. There was the original one, by an individual developer:

https://github.com/getnamo/realsense-ue4 GitHub - getnamo/realsense-ue4: RealSense plugin for Unreal Engine 4

And then later, Intel released an official UE4 plugin that requires UE 4.8 or higher. If you are using the Intel plugin with UE 4.1.3, that may be the source of your problems.

https://github.com/GameTechDev/UE4RealSensePlugin GitHub - GameTechDev/UE4RealSensePlugin: This UE4 plugin provides support for the Intel RealSense SDK to Unreal Engine 4…

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I tried both of them before. The official one gave me the same errors that I sent to you before and the other by individual developer gave me this errors

Should I use SDK 2016 R1 to make it works? if YES, from where can I install the older version of SDK R1 realsense? I couldn't find a direct link to download it...

Cause they wrote one of the software requirements to run the plug in is to have SDK 2016 R1

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

2016 R1 and SDKs previous to it are no longer available. They were withdrawn because of potential security vulnerabilities. '2016 R2' is now the most recent SDK available.

It is possible that the plugin could work with 2016 R2, and they simply haven't updated the text on the web-page to reflect that. Indeed, hopping back to re-read that 'R200 and UE4 plugin error' post, they were using 2016 R2.

BTW, re-reading your own post, I see you are using 4.13. Sorry, i originally mis-read that as 4.1.3. So you should be meeting the 'UE 4.8 and newer' requirement.

Edit: I just wanted to check that you had added RealSense to your project as a GameMode before running it, after completing your Blueprint setup.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I solved the errors by adding 4 headers to the header RealSenseImpl.h

# include "pxcfaceconfiguration.h"

# include "pxcfacemodule.h"

# include "pxcfacedata.h"

# include "pxc3dseg.h"

This is help me to build a solution without any errors. However, when I compile the UE project there is no camera stream appear on the screen!

Any suggestions...

Regards,

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm very glad your made progress on your UE project. Thanks for sharing the knowledge of what ypu did to correct the errors.

On the 'R200 and UE4 plugin error -3' forum thread linked to at the top of this discussion, that UE4 user also couldn't get his camera to show a picture. No solution was found at the time.

Have you seen this article?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-realsense-sdk-plug-in-for-unreal-engine-4 Intel® RealSense™ SDK Plug-In for Unreal Engine* 4 | Intel® Software

In the comments at the end of the article, it says that the plugin stopped working after 2016 R1 (as you yourself said earlier). It says that there is not likely to be an update for current SDKs and UE4 versions.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So, that means we can't use the plugin anymore!

When I choose resolution 1920*1080*30 the project is working, but nothing appear to me cause the realsense not working as well...

And when I choose 1280*720*30 the realsense working but there is nothing on the screen and the project gives me error as the following image

It seems that there are some missing .dll files, but don't know how to solve the problem!

Hope to find solution for that...

0 Kudos