Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Intel 900p Driver compatibility problem with PerfectDisk disk defrag utility (W10)

ASimp5
Beginner

Hi,

I have a few Windows 10 machines (latest patches) and they're using Intel 900p 280 U2>NVMe drives for their OSs. I am NOT using any sort of caching with the drives - they're simply OS drives (and FAST ones at that ).

Anyway, after tearing my hair out I have found out a problem with the Intel 900p driver preventing Raxco's PerfectDisk Pro 14 (latest) from opening properly.

If I roll-back the Intel driver to the MS built-in NVMe driver, PerfectDisk opens fine.

Don't worry - I am NOT defragmenting any SSDs - PerfectDisk is used for a large spinning RAID6 array on this same computer.

Please look into that as when I had a Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512GB SSD running as the OS drive on this same computer, everything was fine (using Samsung's NVMe driver).

Built-in Microsoft W10 'Standard NVM Express Driver' 10.0.16299.251 (6/21/2006) - PerfectDisk Pro opens fine

Intel Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Drivers for Intel SSDs 4.0.0.1007 - PerfectDisk Pro WILL NOT open

Intel Client NVMe Microsoft Windows Drivers for Intel SSDs 3.2.0.1002 - PerfectDisk Pro WILL NOT open

What is it about the Intel driver that breaks PerfectDisk Pro? I really need this fixed.

I have also opened a case with Raxco on this.

Thanks

PerfectDisk Pro opens using this:

PerfectDisk Pro DOESN'T open using this:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ASimpson,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're having issues to run a third party hard drive maintenance tool when the latest client NVMe Microsoft Windows* driver for Intel® SSDs is installed.

We've reported this to the appropriate team. However, please bear in mind that the issue is not related to an Intel tool, for troubleshooting and further assistance with PerfectDisk*, please work with the software developers.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
ASimp5
Beginner

Raxco software got back to me this morning and they said they've had many people complaining about the Intel NVMe driver for the Optane SSDs. I hope Intel doesn't just blow this off. Please fix whatever is happening with the driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ASimpson,

Thanks for your reply. I'll update the report with your feedback.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
ASimp5
Beginner

Hi, I go a notice this case was closed. Why is it closed? You guys have not resolved the problem with the Optane 900p Driver.

What is Intel doing to resolve this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ASimpson,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is related to a third party application. Even though the behavior has been reported from our side, updates and information relating this product must be provided by the application developer/distributor. Please http://www.raxco.com/contact-support contact them for further assistance.

NOTE: Links to third party sites are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos