Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Realsense 415 transformation matrix

GB3
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using the Realsense 415 camera with the latest sdk c# wrapper,

I'm trying to figure how to get a transformation matrix from camera coordinate system to world coordinate system.

any idea?

Guy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In RealSense SDK 2.0, a "Projection" system is used for coordinates, with two types of projection function: Projection and Deprojection.

Projection takes a point from a stream's 3D coordinate space, and maps it to a 2D pixel location on that stream's images. It is provided by the function rs2_project_point_to_pixel.

Deprojection takes a 2D pixel location on a stream's images, as well as a depth, specified in meters, and maps it to a 3D point location within the stream's associated 3D coordinate space. It is provided by the function rs2_deproject_pixel_to_point.

So it sounds like you should use Deprojection for a 2D to 3D coordinate conversion.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Projection-in-RealSense-SDK-2.0 Projection in RealSense SDK 2.0 · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

I do not have a C# script example for the rs2_deproject_pixel_to_point function, though there is discussion about mapping a pixel to a point that may be useful to you.

0 Kudos