Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphic Driver fails to install

KZare
Beginner

I am trying to install the following graphics driver on a Supermicro server:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24259/Onboard-video-driver Download Onboard video driver

But it shows the following error.

System spec and GPU information are attached.

System spec is exported from intel online support tool.

GPU information is exported from "GPU Caps Viewer" software.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello keyvanzarerami,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

You may be getting the error message because the onboard video driver you are trying to install has not been validated for your motherboard.

Now, are you using a 3rd party video card? The E5-4650 processor does not have integrated graphics, so most likely the processor is using a 3d party video card. Please provide the model so that we can look for any driver available.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
KZare
Beginner

Hello Wanner,

Thanks for your response.

I have not installed any graphic cards separately for the system.

But how about the Matrox video processor that comes with the system? Would not it work as graphic card?

Thanks,

Keyvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keyvanzarerami,

Thank you for your response.

Because the processor does not have integrated graphics, the current graphics controller is most likely provided by your motherboard manufacturer. In this scenario, you have to possibilities. First, you can ask your motherboard manufacturer for the graphics controller model so that you can find a validated driver for your system. Second, you can try to install a generic driver from Matrox, but you may need to know the graphics controller to do that.

Here is the link to Supermicro. I did a search for a driver that you may use, but none seems to be available with the information provided. You may contact them directly to get further help about what driver to install.

https://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9QR7-TF-JBOD.cfm

Please let me know how it goes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
KZare
Beginner

Hello,

I asked about it from SupermMicro support center. I am waiting for their response.

Meanwhile I have been searching online, finally i found the following driver:

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/VGA/Matrox/Nuvoton/G200e/Windows/Win2012/

which is compatible with my system's spec:

system: 8027R-TRF+

Graphics: Matrox G200eW (Nuvoton WPCM450 BMC)

It is installed, and it is shown in device manager. I do not still know it is the best and most updated driver though.

Thanks

Keyvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keyvanzarerami,

That is great news.

I hope the driver you found works fine for your system. I recommend you to get the confirmation from Supermicro that the driver has been validated for your system. Please let me know how it goes as soon as you get a response from their support center.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
KZare
Beginner

Hello,

They confirmed the same graphic driver.

They also sent the following link to download and install, which I don't know what exactly it is .

ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR_Images/CDR-X9-Q/ ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR_Images/CDR-X9-Q/

Thanks,

Keyvan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keyvanzarerami,

It seems that the ISO file may contain the drivers that have been validated for your system. Because I am not familiar with it, I recommend you to contact Supermicro so that they can walk you through the correct installation to avoid any other issues.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello keyvanzarerami,

Did you get further help from the Supermicro support team to install the drivers provided?

Please let me know how it went.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos