Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Software keeps crashing

TGuna2
Beginner

My optane was working fine for around 2 weeks but then one time my windows decided to not respond to any input but somehow the mouse cursor still moves. I restart the laptop using the power button and waited for optane to do it's thing at boot up, but when I got into my desktop it said that OptaneTrayIcon has stopped working, I opened the Intel Optane Memory software but I got the stopped working pop up as soon as it opened. Then most of my apps has missing dll files. I tried disabling optane through my bios and reinstalling the driver but the software keeps crashing even though my optane was detected by my bios and the intel SSD toolbox (My optane is still in good condition according to the software)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TmyGnw.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory Series. If we infer correctly, to begin diagnosis and consequent troubleshooting that could take us to a resolution, we would appreciate if you could, please, reply to this post with the following, important, basic information:

1. System Integration (please, describe how your system is integrated; please, include the manufacturer and model of all the components)
  2. Are you trying to accelerate a primary or a secondary/data drive?
  3. A screenshot of the pop up that shows up when you open the Optane software
  4. Pictures and the marking of your product (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html).

Based on the symptom you are sharing with us "Then most of my apps have missing .dll files" this seems to be related to an operating system (OS) corruption and we advise you to back up your information and to try to reinstall your OS.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TGuna2
Beginner

1. Asus GL503GE

CPU : I7-8750H

Ram : 8GB DDR4

HDD : 1TB SSHD 5400rpm

GPU : GTX 1050Ti

2. I am trying to accelerate my primary drive

3. Screenshot :

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TmyGnw.

Thank you for your reply and the information provided.

As stated on our previous interaction, based on the symptom you are sharing with us "Then most of my apps have missing .dll files" this seems to be related to an operating system (OS) corruption and we advise you to back up your information and to try to reinstall your OS.

Please, take into consideration that in the https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL503/Tech-Specs/ Asus GL503GE tech specs and the https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/GL703VD/0409_E12664_GL503VD_VM_GL703VD_VM_D.pdf Asus GL503GE tech manual we cannot see any reference to Intel® Optane™ Memory as supported or this PC to be Intel® Optane™ ready from the box and possibly a firmware update was released to support the Intel® Optane technology.

We hope you find this information useful.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
TGuna2
Beginner

I took your advice and reinstalled windows 10 and it worked perfectly fine! Thanks for the tips!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi TmyGnw,

It's great to know that everything is working now.

If you have future concerns, please don't hesitate to post them in a new thread. We'll be more than glad to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos