Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense D4 Vision Processor as Coprocessor?

ploro
Beginner

I would like to use the Intel RealSense D4 Vision Processor inside my Realsense D415 module as co-processor.

That is I have a pair of stereo mages captured from a pair of cameras (I have previously made a calibration with Opencv and a Chessboard of the 2 cameras system).

Is it possible to feed the images and the calibration data to the Realsense D4 Vision Processor and get back the depth data?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you do not need the process to be real-time, occurring at almost the same time as the other cameras are recording the data then you could save the data from your other cameras into a bag file (also known as rosbag). Then you could then import that recorded file into the RealSense Viewer and do work on it as though it was live camera data.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/sample-data.md librealsense/sample-data.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
ploro
Beginner

I saved in a bag file the IR1 and IR2 grabbed with viewer from a D415 device and then I have tried to open the bag.

I was not able to display the depth view using the realsense-viewer :

only the infrared images was available.

How can I made the system compute the depth view and display it from the infrared images in the bag file?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Did you have the depth stream enabled as well as Infrared 1 and 2 when recording, please?

After saving the recording, I was then able to load the bag file back into the RealSense Viewer and view the depth stream along with the infrareds. If the Depth stream was not activated when recording then it was not available when the bag was loaded back into the Viewer.

Please click on the image below to see it in full size.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Paolo,

The D415 does not have a role in playing back bag files. The D415 is actually used to capture data which is then turned in to a bag file by the software. When playing back the bag file, it is played back by the software and the CPU, not the camera.

The camera does not need to be connected when playing back bag files.

Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi PaoloL,

Real time processing of data from external cameras using the D4 Processor in the D415 camera is not possible.

Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
ploro
Beginner

Is there some link to C++ or Python code of non realtime processing through D415 of depth from a bag file containing only the 2 infrared channels?

0 Kudos