Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 RGB camera:no frames received! But depth camera is working

jhuan98
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team:

i just used my friend's SR300 last week on my PC,today i get mine,but cannot use RGB camera.

i 've tried reinstalling SDK and dcm , changing an USB 3.0 cable or port , still NO FRAMES.

i found less about this issue.

please tell me how to solve my issue.thanks!

Best Regards,

jc

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Are you able to get a color stream if you click on the icon that is a stack of bars and select the 'Hardware Reset' option?

You could also try activating the streams in a different order (RGB and then Depth, or Depth and then RGB) and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
jhuan98
Beginner

thanks for reply

tried combinations of resolution, FPS , color, still RGB camera not streaming while depth sensor work well.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel gave the following advice to another SR300 user of the RealSense Viewer whose color stream was not working: "About no frames received for color steam, this is probably due to the overall processing bandwidth. You can consider changing the resolution from 1920x1080 to 960x540 or 640x480. "No Frames Received" should not happen".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi jc,

Were you able to stream RGB after changing to different resolutions?

If not, can you attach the output from enumerate devices please?

Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
jhuan98
Beginner

Hi Sahira ,

no able to stream RGB after changing to different resolutions

And for "attaching the output from enumerate devices ", i don't know how exactly you mean.

But if you mean the output shows in SDK2.0, just like the picture i showed before,it only shows "Starting streaming of Color..." in the output window, and shows "no frames received" in the main window.

if you mean in librealsense which i'm using its python API ,i tried the example and it shows " RuntimeError: Frame didn't arrived within 5000"

Regards

jc

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel's support hours are Monday to Friday. So somebody from the Intel support team may not be able to give you further advice til then.

But the next thing that I would recommend testing is whether the problem is with your SR300 drivers. If you open your Device Manager in Windows (I assume you are using a Windows PC, since you mentioned the DCM), there should be three drivers for the SR300 called RGB, Depth and Virtual Driver. These are usually found in the Imaging Devices section of the Device Manager, though on some machines they appear in the Camera section too.

Do you have all three of these drivers in your Device Manager, please?

0 Kudos
jhuan98
Beginner

thanks for reply

BUT i'm more confused after checking drivers by your suggestion.

Now I have 2 SR300 one is the 'no frames'(right one covered with plastic paper) and another is good(left one).

Here's the good one's driver:

strange...different from yours .It lacks of RGB and depth and only has virtual driver but works.

the 'no frame' one:

lack of RGB

So it should have something wrong with the RGB camera itself right? Actually it's brand new...Or maybe I should refund it???

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My Device Manager was similar to yours (the picture earlier was just an example one I grabbed off the internet). I had the Depth and RGB drivers in my Imaging Devices section but no RGB. I found that the RGB driver was in the Cameras section of the Device Manager. Like I said, the drivers sometimes get put in more than one place in the Device Manager, depending on what PC you have.

So if you have Depth and Virtual in your Imaging Devices section and RGB in your Cameras section, that camera is likely working correctly. If the same is not happening when you plug in the camera you have problems with, that would indicate a problem with detecting that camera correctly.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I uninstalled all my RealSense drivers in the Device Manager and unplugged the camera, then plugged it back in. This is supposed to automatically download the drivers from the internet without needing the DCM if none of the three drivers are present. However, I just got a broken Unknown Device. I right-clicked on it in the Device Manager and selected Update Driver, and Windows correctly downloaded the Depth and Virtual drivers from the internet.

However, I no longer had an RGB driver. BUT the RGB stream of the SR300 still works in the RealSense Viewer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi JC,

I apologize for the delay in my response. Are you able to test your camera on a different computer? If you are, please see if you are then able to stream RGB in the RealSense Viewer. If you are still not able to stream RGB on the other computer, you likely have a faulty camera.

Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
jhuan98
Beginner

Thanks for reply.

I did test on a different computer and nothing changed.

Now I've already sent this camera back to where I bought and I think he'll contact Intel soon..

Regards,

JC

0 Kudos