Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Relationship between pointcloud data indicies and aligned frame indicies

PLuka
Beginner

Hello,

I am working on a RealSense D435 multicamera setup where I show only those 3D points which are close enough to the related camera.

My actual workflow for each camera is:

Calculate the calibration rotation matrix and translation vector with a circle pattern using OpenCV

Using some post-filter to reduce aliasing

Align process based on the example

Calculate the pointcloud

I had some issue about using post-filtering before align but I got the answer from other topic. Currently I have a processing_block for the post-filter and the align with pointcloud calculation as well.

I also saw that when I want to use the aligned video_frame and the depth_frame to generate the pointcloud then the result is really strange so I use the post-filtered depth_frame to get the pointcloud and the aligned video_frame for the mapping. I dont know about this issue as well but my main problem is that I dont know how to get properly those point indicies at align which are close enough to the related camera. I noticed that the decimation filter can change the resolution but still not got it.

Here is my code for the align_process:

rs2::processing_block align_processing( [&](rs2::frameset data, // Input frameset (from the pipeline)

rs2::frame_source& source) // Frame pool that can allocate new frames

{

std::vector point_indicies;

auto frameset_data = align_frameset(profile, data, point_indicies, (*filter_config_ptr)->get_process_option("Depth_Clip"));

rs2::frameset aligned_frameset = source.allocate_composite_frame({ frameset_data.first, data.get_depth_frame() });

//the first is the aligned video_frame, the other the post-filtered depth_frame

auto depth_frame = aligned_frameset.get_depth_frame();

auto rgb_frame = aligned_frameset.get_color_frame();

pc.map_to(rgb_frame);

auto points = pc.calculate(depth_frame);

data_handler.lock();

output_d.points = points; //rs2::points

output_d.pois = point_indicies; //Only these points will be drawn

output_d.rgb_frame = rgb_frame;

if (calibration_m.valid) output_d.calibration_m = calibration_m;

data_handler.unlock();

source.frame_ready(aligned_frameset);

});

In the remove_background() function I store these indicies:

point_indicies.push_back((y / scale) * (width / scale) + (x / scale));

where y goes through the row and x through the column and scale = aligned_depth_frame.get_width() / depth_frame.get_width()

The result is:

I marked with red circle that area where it shouldnt render the points.

Someone can see where is my problem or know a better way to get those indicies from the pointcloud?

Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello spektro,

Intel relies on the community to help with this type of algorithm implementation question. Unfortunately, it is out of our support scope.

However, this sample may help you find a solution: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/opencv/grabcuts https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/opencv/grabcuts.

If you find a solution, please share your results with the community in this thread

Thank you and best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos