Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Re: Intel© Accelerated Storage Manager - problem verification

oGaut
Beginner

Hi, i got the same the same problem i attach the SSU report.

Can't find where i download this version.

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello got_fr,

Thank you for bringing this to the Intel® Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

I branched your post in order to isolate your question and then better assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• Could you please confirm the issue you are facing?
  • Is there any particular reason why you want to use the Intel Accelerated Storage Manager?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
oGaut
Beginner

Yes i Still face the problem.

Infact i need ASM to use an ssd as cache for raid 5 volume.

I post here for this :

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/121481 got_fr, can you please let me know if you have any particular reason to use the Intel Accelerated Storage Manager. Please also provide a screenshot of the login you are getting.

Regarding your other thread, an agent should be working with you soon.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
oGaut
Beginner

The particular reason is that i want to activate ssd caching and i thought that ASM was a way to do it.

Here is the screenshot :

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the screenshot.

Please let me double check this.

Regards,

Amy C.
0 Kudos
oGaut
Beginner

Hi

But intel rst refuse to install on my system (windows 2016 64) i can juste instzll rste wich doesn t have this option.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

We would like to inform you that Intel® RSTe doesn't have a feature to setup an SSD as cache device.

In your case our best recommendation will be to take advantage of the Intel® Cache Acceleration Software which is a software that Intel has developed in order to use SSD's as cache devices. You can check more information about the software https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/intel-cache-acceleration-software-performance.html here

Hope this helps. Please let us know.

0 Kudos