Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Random Flickering pixels HD 520

JRome5
Beginner

Hello all, I have an issue with my laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad 510S, the problem is that on low battery, lets say 27% it starts to show random pixels all over the screen, like snow, its more noticeable when I play a video, It has been very frustrating in fact, I've search every possible solution, the only way to remove them is by either disable the Intel driver or plug the computer to the AC, I think its a driver issue because as I said, if I disable the driver it works fine but the performance is decreased obviously.

I noticed also that I have to use maximum performance on the intel energy settings software, otherwise the problem gets worst and much earlier, for the video I'm attaching I had to set it to Maximum battery life and the random pixels appeared even with 70% of battery.

I've updated windows 10, updated drivers, changed them for previous versions, Updated the BIOS etc...and nothing seems to work. I'm going to leave this information here, I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks!

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Ideapad 510S-14ISK

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1pt solid windowtext; border-left: none; font-style: inherit;" width="26...
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Chico3d: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Graphics communities and for providing those files. We will do our best to assist you with this scenario.

In regard to your inquiry, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
JRome5
Beginner

Thank you very much Alberto, I hope the team can find a solution, I'll stay tuned.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chico3d: You are very welcome. As soon as I get any details I will post them on the thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chico3d: I just received an update on this matter, we have been unable to replicate this issue here. Test consists of Acer Predator laptop with HD Graphics 530 (Gfx driver 15.60.4901) + Nvidia 970M (Gfx driver 0013.9065)

We tried changing the power settings in Gfx Control Panel from 'Balanced Mode' to 'Maximum Performance' and it worked correctly, no corruption or flickering pixels observed.

Same as going to 'Maximum Battery Life', it worked correctly.

At this point the best thing go do will be to get in contact with Lenovo directly to report this issue. If they have seen it with the same hardware then Lenovo will report it to Intel directly as well. Otherwise, if it is only one system affected then this could be a hardware issue that the drivers might be triggering:

https://support.lenovo.com/sa/en/contactus https://support.lenovo.com/sa/en/contactus

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
JRome5
Beginner

Roberto, many thanks for consider my case, it seems that I'm going to live with this issue for a long time, setting everything to máximum performance only fixes it until it reaches low battery, the random pixels appear, I'll report this to lenovo and see if they can fix it in the future, my warranty is not longer valid and I won't have any replacement. Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chico3d: You are very welcome. Yes, to report this issue to Lenovo will be the best thing to do.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos