Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 4600 at i7-4712HQ CPU will not work with Hyper-V (a lot of new drivers will not work together)

AJung3
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

When activating Hyper-V on a Win10 1607 OS, i get a lot of new generic- and normal PnP Displaydrivers installed, but i cannot use it and the Intel Tray Icon hides / is not usable anymore.

This is, why i cannot work with my new LG 24MB56-B monitor, cause when i try to activate the Desktop-Expansion, or Duplicatng (Win+P) i get black monitors no matters if i try with display1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6, i get no option to set the resolution, i only can try to use the Win-P features, but it really works buggy, also the taskbar looses her tray-icons and i couldn´t see the windows if i click on any task, only the preview is showing...looks like the windows get lost in one of these crazy ghost-drivers wich are unaccessible for me...crazy!

When i disable Hyper-V, i directly get the intel tray back and all works /looks fine.

I ve already try to install the latest driver from Ronald_Intel

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267 but i always recieve the message, that this driver isnt validated for this system. The crazy thing is, that i only can install the driver from Microsoft Update Server, all other drivers (including the two newer version frm Dell Support page of this model) are not installable, cause they are not for this system...pleae help me, i need to use Hyper-V to creating a testlab.

I also try to disable the drivers cause uninstalling doest work, then i try to install the original monitor driver from LG, it comes u, but it doesnt work...

It´s urgend, thanks a lot!

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Hardware (HW)

<span style="f...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, ajungmann.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are having an issue with your laptop which every time you turn on the Hyper-V will make the Intel® Tray Icon to hide. Allow me to help you regarding this problem you are facing.

In this case, I would like to try to install the same drivers that Ronald_Intel sent you but manually. Please download the .zip file of these drivers by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip here.

In order to complete a clean installation of them please follow these steps listed below:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please let me know the results.

Antony S.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, ajungmann.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are having an issue with your laptop which every time you turn on the Hyper-V will make the Intel® Tray Icon to hide. Allow me to help you regarding this problem you are facing.

In this case, I would like to try to install the same drivers that Ronald_Intel sent you but manually. Please download the .zip file of these drivers by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip here.

In order to complete a clean installation of them please follow these steps listed below:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please let me know the results.

Antony S.

AJung3
Beginner

Dear Intel Cororation, i have a new driver now, i can work with Hyper-V, all works fine here, great, thank you very much!

0 Kudos