Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Can't enable Quick Sync in my PC

idata
Employee

Dear Support Comunity,

i try these days to enable the quik sync feature in my pc and unfortunatelly i can't. First of all i would like to inform you that it's my first time here and my english are not so well, so keep calm and please try to hepl me

My system specs:

CPU: i7-2600K Sandy Bridge (supports quick sync) with HD Graphics 3000

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (supports quick sync, too)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti

All Drivers updated

I searched and i find so many tutorials and manuals about enable Quick Sync. But nothing.

My Steps:

Enable internal graphics from BIOS

I have three monitors, 2 connected in GPU & 1 in onboard HDMI.

Detect the monitor from screen resolution and try to connect in vga and then extend the displays.

Nothing. I use Edius for editing my projects (i'm a videographer) and no hardware accelaration button appears in the program.

I attach you the pdf with the steps that i followed.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello miltlymp,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Can you please share with you us your https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report?

To attach a file, the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Intel Corporation,

thank you for your answer. Absolutely yes. Here is my pc report..

Waiting for your answer. Thank you again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

For testing purposes, please remove the graphics card and check if you are able to enable Intel® Quick Sync within your app.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'll check it in the next few days because i;m full of job. Maybe later today if i find the chance.

I would like to know something else too. I'm searching for a new pc. I decide to use i7-8700 or 8700k i don't know yet with a Z370 motherboard. I try to find infos about the support of quick sync with these motherboards but i can't.

In Asus some models of Z370 boards, mention about this feature in their specs. Other models not. In Gigabyte no mention in all boards.

I try to understand if the point is the chipset or not. I mean, if the chipset supports quick sync, all boards support quick sync or not?

I scare to decide what board i choose in case of not supporting quick sync.

Would you help me in this case?

Thank you so much. When i remove the graphics, i'll inform you about.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel® Quick Sync is a feature provided by some of the Intel® HD Graphics graphics controllers, and once you install a graphics card this feature could be disabled by the card unless you have a feature in the BIOS that can let you choose which controller to use. By doing this test you are checking this and also checking if this could be software related. Remember that the Intel® Quick Sync should be enable within the app you are using.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
hhama
Beginner

hello the application need 2 graphic card so your sollution will not work in edius (you can see in the PDF from the 1st post p9 )

here the specifications :

Specify and Configure your System Correctly: • Use a Core 2 i5 or i7 Processor • Use the Z68 chipset — to use both nVidia/ATI GPU and Sandy Bridge graphics • Ensure second monitor is connected to motherboard graphics, and display is extended across it
0 Kudos
hhama
Beginner

i have the same probleme, i just re-installed my pc and now i don't have hardware acceleration available in edius ... 😞

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I agree with lagrandeours. Here is the pdf. Page 6:

There are three things you need to get right to have Quick Sync work for you:

1)Processor — Must be a member of the Sandy Bridge family. Note that not any old Core i5 or Core i7 will work, because the branding doesn't guarantee that the processor has Sandy Bridge's architecture.

2) Motherboard chipset — Must be an H67, or preferably Z68 series. Quick Sync is disabled by the P67 chipset, so avoid that one.

3) Monitor connections — A monitor needs to be connected to the motherboard DVI output, and be active.

Page 7:

Brand - Model Numbers - Quick Sync Enabled? - Launch Date

Core i7 2600, 2600S, 2600K Yes January 9 2011

I have the 2600k. I don't know where is the problem.

hhama
Beginner

with my PC it was working perfectly since 2 years for the 1st time i had to reinstall all my pc and now no more acceleration https://www.google.fr/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_frFR782FR782&q=available&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs7uHU45jZAhVBsaQKHRCTACMQBQglKAA available 😞

0 Kudos
hhama
Beginner

If it can help i restored old driver that come in the DVD that i kept and now it works fine i guess somthing are wrong in the last INTEL Driver

0 Kudos