Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

Is the E5-2670 V1 a multi-chip (MCM) CPU?

GK6
Beginner

Hi everyone.

I need to confirm if the E5-2670 V1 is multichip (MCM) or single chip CPU (all cores are in a single die or in multiple dies for MCM) but can't find any precise information.

Most threads are locked ( or ) and in another one ( )I found another CPU from the same family (E5-2650) which is believed not to be MCM, However 1. Is not clear to me if this was an official intel response and 2. I don't know if is it safe to assume all CPUs from the same family are always single or multichip.

I hope anyone could help me!

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi gkibagami: Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Processors communities. We will do our best to provide the information you are looking for.

In order to deliver the most accurate response, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

gkibagami: I sent you a private message, please verify your inbox.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
GK6
Beginner

Hi Alberto.

I just received your private message.

Thanks a lot for your clarification!

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi gkibagami: Perfect, you are very welcome, you too.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

gkibagami: I just received an update on this matter, assuming that the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2650 is a single chip processor, meaning all cores are in the same chip, then the E5-2670 is single chip as well. Just to let you know, this product has been discontinued and it is a tray processor, so the best thing to do will be to contact your OEM/ODM to get further information

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos