Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Automating Intel AMT MEBx Configuration

idata
Employee

Hi All,

Currently we have a scenario,

To prevent the Intel AMT attacks, we are following the below manual steps on the machines.

1. Login to MEBx with default password "admin" by pressing Ctrl-P during system boot.

2. Change the password to standard password.

3. Disabling "Manageability Feature Selection" under Intel AMT configuration.

And it is not feasible to mitigate thousands of machines manually, could any one help me to whether we can create any kind of script or utility tool to automate this steps.

We are using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, so we can deploy the script remotely to all machines.

Appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance,

RV

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PJens
Beginner

I too would like to script a password change from admin to something more secure. Is this possible? We have been trying for a while to find a solution with no success. There does not seem to be a link anywhere to anyone successfully changing the insecure "admin" password by any type of script or automated process. Anyone have any info? We don't want to change 30k laptops manually.

Thanks for the help!

Phil

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RV,

The only method for your situation of changing the MEBx password on thousands of machines is to perform a remote configuration and within the profile, changing the MEBx password and pushing out to the clients. Please take a look at forum post:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/119990 https://communities.intel.com/thread/119990

I believe all the information you need to get started is there. There is a case # associated with this post, so if you require assistance, let me know and I can set up a meeting.

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi RV,

Just checking in to see if you had any further questions.

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos