Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

How can we change the AMT default password from admin by script?

PJens
Beginner

Good morning,

We need to change the AMT password on 40k machines in SCCM from admin to something secure. How can we do this? I cant seem to find a way to make this work in a script. Someone must have done this, I cant imagine the answer is to do each system manually.

Thanks!

Phil

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Phil,

I had responded to your previous post under "Disabling AMT":

https://communities.intel.com/thread/119990 https://communities.intel.com/thread/119990

Now I have a little more detail as far as the number of systems you are needing to address. Neither the first or second options will work for you. The only option will be remote configuration.

Have you already provisioned your systems?

Also, now that you have this open, I'll go ahead and close out the other one and we can proceed on this case to keep things organized.

Regards,

Michael

PJens
Beginner

Thank you very much for your help.

To answer your question - no we have not provisioned AMT. Currently we do not use it. We would just like to protect ourselves from any potential abuse of the default "admin" password.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Phil,

Based on your posts on other threads, you have a significant number of vPro clients. The most effective/efficient solution would be to use the remote configuration method. I understand that you do not use AMT, but this is the only way to change the default admin password. You have a case associated with this forum post that I own. If you would like to set up a meeting to discuss an implementation strategy and assistance with getting this going, just let me know and I can set something up.

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Phil,

Just checking to see if you had further questions.

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos