Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Is it possible to install a Xeon E5 26xx v2 CPU and another Xeon E5 46xx v2 CPU on the same motherboard?

CWon1
Beginner

I saw the E5 2680v2 and the E5 4650v2 have the same cores ,same cache..... the qpi links also have 2. I heard the e5 46xx (xeon MP) could run on the multi-xeon board , install two same cpus on the dual-xeon cpu motherboard. And i saw someone put two cpus that have same cores ,same cache xeon on a board(a E5 2670v2 and a E5 2660v2), and it's really run well. So,i want to know possibillity of install the two different prefix of cpus (xeon E5 46xx and E5 26xx )on the same dual-xeon board?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello crysty

Thank you for joining the community

I see that you are looking for information on Xeon boards' comparability to use dual processor; usually, that comparability is reviewed with the manufacturer of the board, could you provide us the motherboard information?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
CWon1
Beginner

Hello Leonardo C.

My server is Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server, support 2 E5 26xx v1 or v2 cpus. and the cpu support list only show the E5 26xx series without E5 46xx series. Usually the sever that has two cpus will not list the E5 4xxx (xeon MP).

Here's the information of my sever. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c220-m3-rack-server/data_sheet_c78-700626.html Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Server Data Sheet - Cisco

Thank you !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello crysty

Thank you for the information provided, for the comparability of the mother board with the CPU we recommend to contact the OEM to verify what is the combination of CPU that the system could support

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos