Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D415 shipping times?

idata
Employee

I saw a comment from MartyG that the D435s will be shipping in March. When will the next batch of D415s ship? I'm eagerly awaiting both.

Am I safe in assuming that the APIs for both are identical, so that I can develop against the 415s now and swap with 435s at a later date?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

March was the most recent firm date estimate on the Click store for the next shipment of pre-orders. That message recently changed to "Due to overwhelming demand, there will be a delay in shipping. We are working on an updated Delivery ETA."

The first orders to be shipped in January were ones pre-ordered around mid December 2017 when the pre-order process first opened. Early adopters now have the camera. As far as I am aware, D415 and D435 should have been shipping simultaneously. I have seen both D415 and D435 related messages on this support forum from new owners since that shipment.

D415 and D435 share a single SDK software (RealSense SDK 2.0). There are minor differences in terms of hardware though. The D415 is suited to stationary scanning of objects, whilst the D435 excels at scanning moving objects. The two cameras also have different field of view (FOV) dimensions and slight differences in minimum depth scanning distance (0.16 m for D415, 0.11 m for D435). D415 uses rolling shutter and D435 uses global shutter.

0 Kudos
NMaus
Beginner

> The first orders to be shipped in January were ones pre-ordered around mid December 2017 when the pre-order process first opened. E

I ordered a D435 on December 17 but have not received one yet and also no tracking message as well.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Someone else said recently that they had pre-ordered around the same time as you and not been shipped to yet. Unfortunately there is no further information I have until Intel update their shipping ETA.

If an item in the Click store that you have ordered is out of stock when you need it then the store's terms allow you to cancel an order up until the point when it is being processed for shipping, after which the order can no longer be cancelled. You can email the Click Support team at mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com

0 Kudos
MCarm3
Beginner

I am in the same boat, ordered two D435 cameras on December 13th. Shipping dates keeps getting pushed back and the latest is "Due to overwhelming demand, there will be a delay in shipping. We are working on an updated Delivery ETA."

Super keen for any updates as I was intending to use this for a subject I teach.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The D415 and D435 shipping ETAs have now been updated.

0 Kudos