Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

hi, how come my 4790k don't even have thermal throttling on xtu or aida64 too

wchiu5
Beginner

hey when i use benchmark test on xtu or aida64 find out my cpu don't even have thermal throttling setting at all. but when i go hwbot, other 4790k have that option showing up, than i double check my bios setting setting, my thermal option is enable and than i try reinstall my after market cpu fan coolmaster d92 and put new mx-4 thermal compound on it, still don;t have that option, don't any one how to fix this problem, i try to use intel processer diagnostic 4.1.0.24

everything pass, and my cpu max load only around 75-78c

since my cpu still have warranty. so i wondering was that cpu problem or my motherboard problem

the motherboard i am using was z87x-oc f9c bios

i want to fix that problem too

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello siusun,

I understand that the processor is showing as Thermal Throttle: No.

This actually means that the processor is currently not under thermal throttle. Thermal throttle refers to the process of "shutting down" components to reduce the heat generated, this happens when the processor reaches critical temperatures. That is the reason why it shows as "No", because there is no Thermal Throttle happening right now.

However, I would like to point out at the fact that the processor is running a little higher than the allowed Max. Temperature which is 74.04C. This could be due to the fact that the processor is currently being overclocked, according to the pictures sent the processor is set to run at 4.60 Ghz when the max should be 4.40 Ghz. I would strongly advice to take the processor back to the stock frequency to reduce the temperature generated.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello siusun,

I am following-up with your case and see that we have not heard from you.

Is there anything else I can do for you?

Do not hesitate to reply for further help.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos