Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

graphics brightness control still not fixed

DOr
Beginner

I am currently stuck with my full brightness settings, this is a brand new laptop that just arrived (from Origin PC), using the Intel(R) HD 630 Graphics Driver, I have tried updating but it just isn't doing the job (even the most updated version doesn't really seem to be fixing the problem). Could it be that the issue has yet been patched?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello donsondead

Thank you for joining the community

I wondering if you are referring to the function keys feature on your laptop, if that is the case it is recommended to use the graphics diver form the manufacturer due to features will be included on that version of drivers, the drivers on Intel website do not include those features

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DOr
Beginner

Apparently I still can't change the brightness even within the system, instead of using hotkeys and stuff, it appears to be the graphics driver issue or maybe something deep within, I still can't figure out how can I change the brightness no matter what method I try, been trying to get in touch with the manufacturer and they originally thought it was a hotkey driver issue, but even after reinstalling it doesn't seem to work, could be either intel or them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello donsondead

Since the issue appears to be happening with the OEM drivers, the problem could be OS related or hardware related, the OEM drivers have been tested and validated to work fine on your specific model, you may try to contact them again for them to replicate your situation in their lab.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos