Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

About Windows Server 2008 R2 installation on RAID 0.

AS_1
Beginner

I want to install Windows Server 2008 R2 on a motherboard with a Z270 chipset to Raid 0. Is there a driver for this system?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, PeterNT. I will be more than happy to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, may I please have the model of your motherboard?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AS_1
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, PeterNT.

By checking on the specifications of your motherboard I can see that the combination of the hardware and software that you would like to achieve is not compatible/supported. Your motherboard is intended for home use and, the OS you are trying to install is for server systems. In addition to that, neither Intel® nor MSI* offers Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for Windows* 2008 R2 for 200 series chipsets.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
AS_1
Beginner

Will the operating system Windows Server 2012 R2 on this board on a RAID array work?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, PeterNT.

By checking the specifications of your motherboard, I can see that it supports Windows 7*, 8.1 and 10 Operating System, therefore, if you install Windows Server 2012 R2* there are not going to be drivers available for your system.

On the other hand, if you install the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 15.0 version, it should work on Windows Server 2012 R2* nevertheless, we recommend using compatible software and hardware to avoid errors and data loss while having an array.

Please keep in mind that with the combination of hardware and software that you want to have the results may vary and, as previously mentioned, we do not recommend it.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, PeterNT.

I would like to know if you have any additional question. If so, please do not hesitate to reply to this thread.

Antony S.
0 Kudos