Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Lenovo ideapad Y700 Intel webcam not working.

ASamp1
Beginner

When I first got the laptop, which is a LENOVO ideapad Y700 the webcam worked fine, using YouCam I could switch between Virtual driver, RGB and depth, each worked how it was suppose to, but now all I see is a block image, apart from the depth, which shows me what it's suppose to. Tried to upload some JPEG images, but it tells me it's a forbidden file type. I've tried it with other apps, and still get no image. I also use the camera to log into Windows, and that I have no issues with, works every time.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Is this the block image you are seeing?

Has your computer recently installed the Windows 10 'April 2018 Update' version, also known as Build 17134? You would know if it had installed, because you have to go through a question-answering process after it has installed. this latest windows update has caused problems for some RealSense users.

A user called StevenSpringtab recently offered an easy workaround to try.

0 Kudos
ASamp1
Beginner

Sorry, completely my fault, didn't know I had a typo, that was suppose to say black not block. But I did check the permissions, and they're all set to on, apart from contana and Win32WebViewHost, turned them on tried camera on Skype, and I saw an image for like a split second, turned up the exposer, and it seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for the update. Please let us know if you have problems again. Good luck!

0 Kudos
rsues1
Beginner

Hello, I have a laptop from the lenovo iedeapead 310 brand and I am also having problems with my webcam. The operating system that came pre-installed is Windows 10 and for a long time I have been using my webcam and youcam, I also used the webcam to turn on the laptop safely but for a few months it connects and disconnects when you want. I have followed some indications that have been mentioned but I can not solve it. Do you know if I could communicate with someone through video chat and live chat to help me solve the problem? in advance I am very grateful

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Live chat support is not available for RealSense products, unfortunately. Support is provided through the RealSense forum.

Forum support has moved to a new location. Please re-post your help request as a new case at the link below so that Intel's support team can assist you on the forum. Thanks!

https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

0 Kudos