Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435 without USB2.0 lines

jpere27
Beginner

Dear colleagues,

I am using D435 camera with a Jetson TX2 + Carrier board.

This carrier board USB 3.0 port has not USB 2.0 lines (D+ and D-), this port was designed to use SR300 camera.

I have performed some tests, and I observe as follows:

- When all system starts, D435 is not found.

- Once Jetson TX2 is turned on, if D435 is unplugged and then plugged again (USB port physically), the camera is then found and I can eventually get infrared, depth and RGB images.

Could be any additional potential issue when using the camera without D+ and D- lines.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks and regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The website JetsonHacks have produced a guide for using the D435 with Jetson TX2 that you may find useful, if you have not seen it already.

https://www.jetsonhacks.com/2018/04/09/intel-realsense-d400-librealsense2-nvidia-jetson-tx-dev-kits/ Intel RealSense D400 librealsense2 – NVIDIA Jetson TX Dev Kits | JetsonHacks

0 Kudos
jpere27
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

Thanks for your response. I have already seen it and I am using it, my D435 works fine if it is unplugged and then plugged, after boot.

But It not resolve my doubt: In addition to boot, could be any additional potential issue when using the camera without D+ and D- lines.

Regards,

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A USB port that follows the USB 3.0 specification should have the USB 2.0 D+ and D- pins in it, plus the extra pins for USB 3.0 functions.

0 Kudos