Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

15.40.38.4963, multiple ghost monitors, no control panel and Hyper V activated

PBove
Beginner

Hello, I installed the latest driver for my graphics (cherry trail processor). After that I see multiple ghost monitors and the control panel has disappeared.

I have seen more posts with the same problem for other drivers. Hyper V is activated (and used).

Can this be fixed with an update please?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to do research about this issue. Could you please provide me with additional information about your system?

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

Hello,

attached you will find the scan. The system is a GPD Pocket.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

Thank you for your response.

We have received confirmation from users that driver 15.40.37.4835 fixes this issue. Please find below additional information and let me know if you still have any issues after installing this driver.

Version: 15.40.37.4835

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

The first driver that works again is 15.40.13.4331 from November 18 2015. I tried installing different drivers using the executable and manual. It only works again after uninstalling HD graphics and removing drivers until version 15.40.13.4331 appears. A very old driver.

0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

Without Hyper-V the latest driver (and previous versions) work without any problem. Hopefully this can be repaired in a new version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

Thank you for your feedback.

In this case, I can further this information to the proper department in order to provide a solution with future releases.

Please fill out the following information and attach all the reports. I will be glad to help you.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

I am writing to follow up on your case.

Please let me know if you would like me to forward this case to the proper department to provide a solution to this issue in the near future.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

Hi,

I was away for some days. I will fill out the forms and come back to you asap!

Best,

Peter

0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

The requested files are attached.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Have the same issue on my MSI laptop. Downgrade to the older driver version 10.18.15.4268 (suggested by manufacturer) fixed the problem. When I have free time, I will provide my report.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

I am writing to let you know that we are still working on this issue to provide an update as soon as possible.

linefight, I would be glad to assist you as well.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all,

I would like to add more information on this thread.

I received confirmation that the graphics driver 15.40.37.4835 fixes the issues reported at the beginning. Our recommendation is that you can install this graphics driver version. However, please remember to check your system manufacturer'support website and use the driver software provided. We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging.

Additionally, please let us know if there is another reason why you would like to install the latest graphics driver 15.40.38.4963.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
PBove
Beginner

Hi, as I mentioned on June 14 the first driver that works again is 15.40.13.4331 from November 18 2015. 15.40.37.4835 used to work. After installing 15.40.38.4963 going back to 15.40.37.4835 did not make a change. The only change in software was the April update from Windows.

I installed the latest driver because this recommended by the driver & support assistent and the new driver should fix some security issues. Happens more these days with some products.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSU1200C,

Thank you for your response.

You can also perform a clean install of the graphics driver recommended to fix this issue to make sure that old drivers are not causing conflict.

Steps:

1. Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Please uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your system. Please go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, please proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version recommended (15.40.37.4835)

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

If these steps do not fix the issue with the driver recommended, you can also check with your system manufacturer.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos