Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel 620 - Difficulty accessing native resolution only when using multiple displays

APede
Beginner

Hi folks,

Here is my issue:

I have a dell XPS 13 9360 that I frequently have connected to an external display through a dell dock. I recently upgraded that display to an LG Ultrawide at 2560x1080. Now, the laptop has no issue driving this monitor at that resolution but ONLY when it is the only monitor. As soon as I add another display, or even open the laptop to also use the internal display, the max resolution available for my LG drops down to 1920x1080.

I've tried updating all drivers I can find, even updating the BIOS. I've tried using a dongle instead of the dock. I'm not sure where else to go. Everything I have found suggests this shouldn't be a problem. What am I missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Pedersen9

Thank you for joining the community.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:
  1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
  4. Attach the .TXT file to the thread.

Also the graphics report with the LG Ultrawide display connected to the system, please follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.
  2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.
  3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop).
  4. Attach the report to the thread.

Could you try connecting the display directly to the laptop, what output do you have?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
APede
Beginner

Attached are the DxDiags when I have only the monitor installed and when I have two monitors (just the laptop open).

I attached graphics report - I should note that this is ONLY available when I have the laptop open. When I only use the LG monitor the option for graphics properties does not exist on right click.

I cannot connect the laptop directly to the monitor - the only outputs this laptop has are USB A and C

Thanks so much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pedersen9

Thank you for your response.

Looking into the reports it seems that he is facing a bandwidth limitation at the time of adding a second display, recommend contacting the system manufacturer to confirm the display system capacity with the set up that you have.

The processor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U has display capacity for:

Max Resolution (HDMI 1.4): 4096x2304@24Hz

Max Resolution (DP): 4096x2304@60Hz

Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel): 4096x2304@60Hz

Refer to the link bellow:

https://ark.intel.com/products/95443/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz https://ark.intel.com/products/95443/Intel-Core-i5-7200U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos