Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Pandas read error

MNISA2
Beginner

Hello,

Pardon me for this trivial question.

I am trying to read a csv file using pd.read_csv('filename.csv') argument and am getting the following error:

pandas.errors.ParseError: Error tokenizing data. C error: Expected 8 fileds in line 42957, saw 11

Seems like there is more no of row data in the said row(s) as compared to previous rows. However, when am trying to just check/run the code on my personal laptop, its loading properly without any issue(The said error is not being reported).

Can you help me understand why?

Regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please confirm from where you are trying to load the csv file. Is it through the jupyter hub or your python terminal?

We tried to load a csv a file from our end in jupyter hub and It was working fine. Please check if the issue is with your csv file.If the issue still persists, kindly share the csv file so that we could work on it.

Regards,

Nikhila

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nisant,

Please confirm whether the issue got resolved. If not, kindly provide the asked details so that we can try it from our end.

Regards,

Nikhila
0 Kudos