Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435, rs-measure tool fancy display

idata
Employee

I'm exploring the sdk. I'm checking rs-measure tool. It is working, but why it has such a fancy output? Is that inteded?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

That looks like a very bad quality depth image with a lot of disruption. It should look better than that. The large amount of black area shows that there is probably a lot of "noise" disruption, as it means that the camera cannot properly see what is in that part of the picture. This may happen because the surface of that object is reflective or because it is a dark color such as black or gray (these colors absorb the camera's laser light and so provide no information back to the camera).

Could you please provide a normal photo of what the camera is looking at so that I can see what the image is meant to look like? Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Black area is actually my table, it is black.

Here is another screenshot, it's fancy as well. It looks fuzzy. But the measurements are correct.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

That explains why the camera cannot see your black table then.

So I think your camera is OK, as the image in the Measure sample's documentation is colorful like your one too.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/examples/measure librealsense/examples/measure at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos