Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

hello,

fBEAN
Beginner

my pc says it is configuration is for 16 GB ..but will it support a 32 GB ??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to provide the exact model number of your PC or motherboard before anyone can help you.

You may also want to contact the support forum of your PC and start there, as they will have the technical documentation on your PC/motherboard.

Doc

0 Kudos
fBEAN
Beginner

hey al ..I have an xps 8930 that is all config. for the intel optane memory ,but looking closer it said config. for 16 GB and I have a 32GB ..thats all just want to know if anything would happen..thanxxs

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If it specifically states support for 16gb, and not 32gb, I would check with Dell to verify. There may also be a bios update from Dell which could help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
fBEAN
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rover43,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities.

I was trying to find any reference in the following Dell* site: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/xps-tower/spd/xps-8930-desktop https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/xps-tower/spd/xps-8930-desktop, however there is no mention about the support for the Intel® Optane™ Memory 32GB version, although there is a clear note about the support for the 16GB version.

The best recommendation indeed is to contact Dell about this concern. They will be able to clear out your doubt. In the site above there is a section of questions/answer by the users that you may find useful to post this concern.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos