Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane 32GB Cannot Boot!

CSmit6
Beginner

Hello, I just got my module in today and updated my Motherboard (Z370 Aorus Gaming 7) to the latest BIOS. However when I install the Optane Memory in the system haults with a blinking cursor on startup. The module shows inside the BIOS. Then after taking the module back out the system books just as normal.

Help Please!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi smite05,

Thank you for posting in the Intel communities.

I understand that you are having issues trying to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory, however I'd need additional information in order to help you.

Could you please let me know if you have done any changes at BIOS or Windows* level in order to setup the module?

Additionally, please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the report. This tool will scan your system and generate a file with the system details. Please attach that file in your next response and make sure you run the full report: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Also, please go to your Disk Management and take a screenshot of the window. You can open the Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x and then select the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

If you cannot boot with the module connected, please keep it disconnected for now so we can check the system settings and see if there is something missing.

I'll be waiting for your response

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi smite05,

I'd like to know if you still need help with this.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos