Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 driver was uninstalled but no update is available

CGood3
Beginner

I just installed the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to diagnose an issue with my Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 adapter. The Assistant told me an update was available but that I needed to remove the existing adapter. I dutifully uninstalled the adapter from my devices and then went back to the Intel assistant, only to learn that the adapter is no longer supported and the driver is unavailable.

So now I have no wireless adapter at all -- hoping someone out there can advise me on how to remedy the situation. I'm obviously very unhappy that the Intel Driver and Support Assistant prompted me to go down this road.

PS and by way of background, I was having trouble connecting to a 5g wireless network and was hoping the updated driver might address that issue -- I'm now guessing that I will need to get an entirely new dual-band adapter in order to solve that issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are we talking about windows 10? If so, your adapter has been discontinued.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006507/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Customer Support Options for Discontinued Intel® Wireless Products

And, if we are talking about a laptop, you cannot just simply get another adapter:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or...

You will need to consult with the laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
CGood3
Beginner

I'm running Windows 7 on an Asus laptop. After encountering my issues, I realized that the adapter is no longer supported, which is why I'm so annoyed with Intel from prompting me to uninstall it.

Thanks for pointing out the issue of obstacles to installing a new adapter. I hadn't stumbled over that yet. Ugh. Appreciate the reply --

0 Kudos