Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

I5 7600K Turbo Boost

DAlve
Beginner

Hello good night, my 7600k processor when it is below the 25% usage is in the 4.2 Ghz boost and when it reaches 50% usage is locked in 3.9 Ghz, I would like to know if this is normal because I use the pc for gaming and when I need more processor it decreases the frequency. I use a water cooler so there are no heating issues, it always stays between 50 ~ 60 ° c, thanks for everyone's attention, hug.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello, Surly_jikA.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are facing some issues with the frequency of your processor which locks in 3.9 GHz when the CPU usage is 50%. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In this case, I would like you to verify the BIOS of your mainboard that the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and the Intel® Speed Step features are activated. In addition, to make sure everything is fine with your processor, can you run the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19792/eng/IPDT_Installer_4.1.0.24.exe Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool? Please share the results in your next post.

Furthermore, I would like to know which tool you are using to verify the usage and frequency of your processor. Is it the Windows * Task Manager or you are using another application?

Antony S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Surly_jikA.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are facing some issues with the frequency of your processor which locks in 3.9 GHz when the CPU usage is 50%. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In this case, I would like you to verify the BIOS of your mainboard that the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and the Intel® Speed Step features are activated. In addition, to make sure everything is fine with your processor, can you run the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/19792/eng/IPDT_Installer_4.1.0.24.exe Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool? Please share the results in your next post.

Furthermore, I would like to know which tool you are using to verify the usage and frequency of your processor. Is it the Windows * Task Manager or you are using another application?

Antony S.
DAlve
Beginner

Thank you friend, I moved the motherboard settings as you suggested and there it was with the speed in "normal" mode and put in performance mode and the motherboard itself overclocked the processor, now it is at 4.5 Ghz, thank you by the attention !!

0 Kudos
Brazem3
Beginner

I have a problem my Proccessor cannot use the turbo boost on 100% he uses max 4ghz but the turbo boost is 4,2ghz

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The highest Turbo Boost multiplier is only going to be used when only a single Core is active. If other cores are active, a (typically lower) Turbo Boost multiplier will be used with each active core.

For more information, consult this documentation:

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos