Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Error code 10 Intel Ethernet Connection l218-LM

JGarr7
Beginner

I work in IT at a corporation where almost all of our current computers have the Intel Ethernet Connection l218-LM network adapters. I have seen 5 computers in the last 2 months come up with the error where this network suddenly stops working and produces Error Code 10: this device cannot start. I have searched high and low for a solution, and the ULP enable/disable utility is the only thing I haven't tried yet. Can someone please send the utility to me?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. Please reply my PM to you to provide the information requested.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

I have replied your PM, please check.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

I sent you another PM. You may check.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

I am glad to inform you also that we have the ULP available for download now at

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27489

Please let me know if you still have other inquiries. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
JGarr7
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried it and it still does not work, in the boot it appears the error "PXE-E05: The Lan adapter's NVM configuration is corrupted or has not been initialized. The Boot Agent cannont continue" the version of the Boot Agent is the GE V1.5.50, when Windows starts the adapter does not start with error 10, I have tried many things but I have not got anything, can you tell me how to fix it?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

Thank you for the update and I am sorry the tool did not work for you. What is the brand and model of the computers having the issue? If the NVM configuration

is corrupted, it is recommended to contact the OEM laptop vendor for them to

assist you to fix the firmware as OEMs may provide custom flash firmware images for OEM onboard NIC, so please refer to the instructions given by OEMs.

Or you may want to try disable the bootagent by following the instruction below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005626/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

As this is onboard NIC, please contact the PC vendor for further support. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html?wapkw=oem+network

Thanks,

Sharon T

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

Please feel free to provide the update and information.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
JGarr7
Beginner

HI,

It has finally been resolved by changing the entire motherboard of the laptop from Dell

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Vierito,

Thank you for the update and glad the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos