Items with no label
3335 Discussions

In the Intel RealSense Viewer, both the depth image window and the RGB image window are not mismatched like the pixel position is different in the two images. How can I get the same pixel position in the two images? for D435

HSeo2
Beginner

Is the depth image shifted right side? How much is the distance?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello kufosan,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense camera.

The SDK offers a processing block for aligning the image to one another, producing a set of frames that share the same resolution and allow for easy mapping of pixels.

For more information, you can access the link below

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Projection-in-RealSense-SDK-2.0# frame-alignment

Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

When doing alignment, I would recommend using the same resolution for both RGB and depth if possible to aid alignment. In the RealSense Viewer, you may be able to further adjust the alignment using the Post Processing section of the settings. In these settings, there is a slider called the Decimation Filter that influences the resolution of the stream.

By moving the slider backward and forward, you can see the image's resolution becoming smaller or larger.

On the RGB section of the controls, make sure that the Post Processing is enabled by clicking on the red icon to turn it to blue.

An easy way to tell how the Decimation filter is affecting the stream is to click the 'i' icon on the stream's toolbar to overlay its resolution and frame information. As you move the slider, you can see the resolution changing in the info overlay.

1.png

2.png

0 Kudos
HSeo2
Beginner

Thanks MartyG

But I want to the start point of the color image in the depth image like below the captured image.

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Check out the rs-align sample, that goes through the process of mapping the depth image to the colour image.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I will refer this question to RealSense stream programming expert jb455 as they can likely give a better answer for this question than I can. I apologize for the wait.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Oh, speak of the angel. Never mind then! Thanks JB!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kufosan,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense camera.

The SDK offers a processing block for aligning the image to one another, producing a set of frames that share the same resolution and allow for easy mapping of pixels.

For more information, you can access the link below

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Projection-in-RealSense-SDK-2.0# frame-alignment

Regards,

Alexandra
EAlta
Beginner

Is there a way to make the alignment (RGB and depth images) through the Intel Realsense Viewer? intel_admin

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi edgar.altamirano,

The RealSense Viewer 2D view shows the RGB, IR, and Depth streams independently. The streams do not align because each sensor has different fields of view (FOV). To see the aligned streams, you must use the 3D view in RealSense Viewer. You can switch to 3D view on the top right corner of the RealSense Viewer. The 3D view in RealSense Viewer is almost the same as the rs-align sample. RealSense Viewer aligns color to depth and rs-align aligns depth to color. In RealSense Viewer 3D view, be sure to select the Color stream as the Texture Source.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
EAlta
Beginner

Is there a way to make the alignment on matlab. There is an align.m function on github but I cant use it correctly.

0 Kudos