Items with no label

Person tracking

GBene1
Novice

Hello,

I am looking to build a person-following device. I saw some great results with the z300 and saw that the old SDK had a built in sample for person tracking.

Is there a similar example for the D435? I haven't been able to find one yet.

I see that there is a Nuitrack API, could that be used?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Just yesterday, somebody posted a YouTube video of a Turtlebot being used with Nuitrack, a ROS node and a D435 for person following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHN6VWEWCS8 Robot following person using Nuitrack and Intel Realsense D-435 in ROS - YouTube

RealSense robotics expert McCool has also posted how-to guides for constructing a Turtlebot.

GBene1
Novice

Wow, thanks very much Marty.

Is there any hope that there will be a library available from intel like there was previously?

Looks like he has the D435 on a pan/tilt mechanism. I was hoping that with the wider field of view of this camera that wouldn't be necessary. What do you think?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It looks like there's also a ZR300 mounted just below the D435, so the pan is probably for the sake of that camera because it has a smaller FOV than the D435.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome, thanks for finding and sharing that!

Edit: in answer to your library question: if you mean a person tracking library, it is more likely to come from a third-party developer than Intel, in the same way that Nuitrack was developed outside of Intel.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

BTW, you reminded me of how someone recently mentioned new software called CloudCompare, and I managed to track down the link.

0 Kudos
WTatt
New Contributor I

Have a look at Nuitrack,com - their skeletal tracking is quite functional.

Westa

0 Kudos