Items with no label
3335 Discussions

all my SR300 Samples about Hand does not work!

ljian18
Beginner

the following SR300 sample did not work at all. every time I click the "run" , the sample will run at first, but it will crash after a few seconds. somethings, the sample did not crash, but when my hand appear in the view of the camera, the sample will crash suddenly. SO What is wrong with my camera? anybody help me please

PS: the common samples works perfectly, i can get the depth and rgb streaming.

my computer information:

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Are you using the '2016 R3' version of the RealSense SDK? If so, it is modular. The core 'Essentials' package only includes features such as depth and RGB streaming. To add other features such as hand tracking, you need to download and install additional modules to access those features. The modules can be downloaded directly in your browser from the page linked to below. You only need to install the modules for the features that you want, such as Hand Tracking. It is fine to install all of them too though if you wish.

If you want everything installed in a single package, you could also download the earlier 1.8 gb '2016 R2' SDK instead if you do not have it already. This also contains the Sample Browser applications.

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

0 Kudos
ljian18
Beginner

Yes i using 2016 R3 version of the Realsense SDK.

thanks for your suggestions, but it seems you does not get my point.

I did download and install modules such as Hand Tracking . but those Modules about Hand did not work as expecting, The problem is : I can run the samples , like 3D hand cursorView , as the picture shows below:

BUT!!!! once i put my hand in the sense, as following picture shows, THEN !!! the sample crash. and did not work any more! I do not know why ?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Crashes with the hand tracking samples when the hand is detected have happened with other users in the past. The suspected cause is usually a PC with a processor that does not meet the requirements of the RealSense specification for that PC.

Unlike the current 400 Series cameras that work with any Intel or ARM CPU, the R2 and R3 2016 SDKs require an SR300 to be used with a PC with an Intel Core 6th Generation (Skylake) processor or newer. The main exception to that rule is PCs that have a 5th generation Intel Xeon enterprise processor, which have a 50-50 chance of working.

Do you know whether your PC has a Skylake processor or a newer Intel Core generation such as 7th generation Kaby Lake?

0 Kudos
ljian18
Beginner

oh my gosh! the problem finally solved! my PC have a processor as below

this did not work .

so i try the SDK sample in another computer with 7th generation Kaby Lake, it works!

thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome news! I'm very glad you had a suitable computer. Have a great weekend!

0 Kudos