Items with no label
3335 Discussions

A simple C++ code to obtain bounding box.

SPati14
Beginner

I am looking for a simple C++ code to obtain a 2D bounding box, the first step of person tracking using RGB-Depth camera R200 & ROS. My system is ubuntu 16.04 & using kinetic ros. I have already searched about it on ros.org & intel site but to no avail. On github too it shows projects but it includes too many directories, where as I want specifically just for obtaining bounding box. I am a beginner so I really need help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

After extensive research, I had no more success than you in finding a bounding box drawing solution for the original legacy Librealsense that would work with R200. So you are probably going to have to draw the bounding box with ROS. An example is the package linked to below, which has various bounding box commands.

http://wiki.ros.org/asr_descriptor_surface_based_recognition asr_descriptor_surface_based_recognition - ROS Wiki

0 Kudos
SPati14
Beginner

Thanks a lot for the link MartyG , I will go through it once. But actually I wanted a C++ code from scratch because I want to write the code as per the need of my project. I need to understand a sample code so that I can use it in my project. Even if you go for any video tutorials, they urge you to use their own software & visualization tools. But we are using OpenCV & Rviz & ROS in our project. So kinda the video tutorials aren't helpful from practical point of view, although yes from understanding point of view. From github I have the entire code with lots & lots of directories. Now its like I don't know how to start from scratch!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using OpenCV, there is a short C++ script on the page linked to below for drawing a bounding box with OpenCV using the Rectangle function.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14505679/drawing-bounding-box-using-opencv-in-c-enviroment Drawing Bounding-Box using OpenCV in C++ Enviroment - Stack Overflow

0 Kudos