Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Driver crashing / restoring not sure how to reproduce

NSobi
Beginner

The .4901 driver crashed and restored on my system in the last days twice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NSobi
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

The system stops/freezes, the display goes black and after ~1 second the content is being redrawn. No messages or warnings, but in the event viewer it shows "Der Anzeigetreiber "igfx" reagiert nicht mehr und wurde wiederhergestellt." Happens every couple of days, unclear when or why, no specific high load or program used.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%): X

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP EliteBook Folio G1

V1C37EA# ABD

Intel(R) Core(TM) m5-6Y54 CPU @ 1.10GHz

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

-

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<td style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello torquesque,

I understand that you are having problems with the graphics driver as it has been crashing and restoring on the system, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regarding this problem, the first thing I have noted is that you are not using the latest driver provided by the manufacturer (HP), this could cause compatibility issues so the first thing that must be tried is to install the latest one provided by the manufacturer since we supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers can change the features, incorporate customization, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you first check with your computer manufacturer which you can find here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-folio-g1-notebook-pc/9764622

*Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there.*

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
NSobi
Beginner

Hello David,

sure, I will try the older one again. But its common practice to try to use the intel generic drivers instead of the ones provided by the oem (much newer, etc, you already know that). And for the last couple of drivers this seemed to work fine on this machine.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello torquesque,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos