Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

wireless AC9260 not support ryzen?

SLee108
Novice

I bought AC9260 with pcie (Bacause my ROG strix X370 F mainboard has only one M.2 slot, 960EVO use it)

I install and update my bios and install driver 20.10.02 new driver pro/set

but there is problem with connection

ac9260 can find wifi ssid and connection

but can access internet. so I click on diagonose button and that said

There is problem with 'wireless adapter or access point problem' and cant use 'default gate way'

I think driver still cant suport ryzen or I have no idea about this problem

does anybody use ac9260 on ryzen?

// I connect pci card to PCIE X16 and tried PCIE X2 but same problem

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello LSM,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

There's no limitation from Intel to use Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 on AMD*/Ryzen* based platforms.

However, we don't offer the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 9260 for desktop computers, so this must be a third party device. What is the brand and model of your adapter?

We recommend to test the drivers provided by the adapter manufacturer.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LSM,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of the post. Please let us know if you still require assistance.

Best regads,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SLee108
Novice

sorry for late I'm in business trip right now

I tried driver from winyao(which sell pci-e modified version of AC9260)

but it still not work

Bluetooth is working perfectly but Wi-Fi cant get any signal or detect SSID. ac9260 driver version is 20.20.0.3(MS driver update / not seller driver because it cant get SSID, but 20.20.0.3 cat get SSID, and no connection)

also, there is some people that have same problem with me

as you seen capture from my AMDcommunity (sorry for Korean), when I install intel wireless/proset driver, ac9260 can get SSID but cant connect to internet. On my community there is same problem with

AMD Ryzen platform (X370, PCIE card.). also other PCIE ac9260 seller said ac9260 cant support ryzen with PCIE or M.2 direct connection

I promise that I connect Anthenna and pciE card perfectly but still not working. You said ac9260 not support desktop system, only laptop but I dont know why it cannot work for desktop

laptop and desktop have same M.2 fomfactor and I have no idea that ac9260 only work perfectly on intel CPU and Maindboard for desktop.

-Windows 10 Pro insider Preveiw 17093 // (also can not work in Windows 10 Pro RS3)

-AMD Ryzen 1700

-Asus ROG Strix X370-F bios 3803 / also not work in Aorus AX370 Gaming K4

I wish that support team test for ac9260 on ryzen mainboard or other board

(ryzen raven ridge laptop use ac 8265, I think there is no ryzen laptop that use ac9260)

I think there is driver problem for ryzen mainboard desktop system

idata
Employee

Hello LSM,

Thanks for your reply.

Installation of wireless cards/adapters must be validated by the computer or motherboard OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). Other wise, you may encounter compatibility issues like this.

Just like any other device, not all wireless adapters are physically and electrically compatible with all systems. For more information, please check the following advisories:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=5846 Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?_ga=1.33281086.1415059657.1457358642 Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

We recommend to perform a clean driver installation using the latest wireless driver. Here's how to do it:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

I hope this information will be useful for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LSM,

We're just checking on this thread. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SLee108
Novice

I just surrender about this problem

but, at last,

I got early update about driver for ac9260 (20.30.0.7 driver in MS driver update)

and then my window got borken and reboot every time (boot - green screen(some IRQL? driver error?) - system restore not working - reboot - on and on and on..)

So, I unplug device and reinstall driver. It can boot and no greenscreen, but can't connect internet but bt is perfectly working

window can't solve this problem automatically.

In my other community, there is also problem with Gigabyte Aorus AX370 Gaming5 / Asrock AB350M / also my mainboard Asus rog stris x370F

I saw X470 board with ac9260 (Gigabyte Aorus board I think) that working but why x370,B350 not working?

*but ac8265 working. I have no idea about this problem

also other pcie-M.2 transform card not work. +install in direct mainboard M.2 slot not working too (Wi-Fi cant connect but BT working very well)

I have no idea about this problem

I try to fix it but not working. so I just attach ac9260 on my laptop with i5 3317U and it work perfectly.

I wish many people use first giga wirelss + bluetooth card ac9260 for mainboard without wireless lan and bt

I think ac9260 is good product for laptop and other intel computer but it is very sad that ac9260 is not working on ryzen first gen processor

thank you for your help all time

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LSM,

Thanks for the update.

Judging by the reports, it might indeed be a hardware compatibility issue. This kind of issues usually arise when the device has not been validated by your mother/system OEM.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

SL,

• Your board likely has a couple of M.2 connectors. The Wireless-AC 9260 card can only be used in the E-type M.2 connector; it cannot be used in any of the M-type M.2 connectors. You are not trying to use one of these are you?

• You say "also other PCIe M.2 transform card not work" and you also say "WiFi can't connect but BT working very well". First of all, the BT portion of the card runs off the USB interface exposed in the E-type M.2 connector. The WiFi portion, on the other hand, runs off a PCIe lane also exposed in the M.2 connector. Your comments make me conclude that there is something wrong with the PCIe portion of the connector. You may have a board with a bad connector. Have you seen any other M.2 card work in this connector. If not, you may need to have this board replaced.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
SLee108
Novice

Yes I think so. there is compatibility issue wit ryzen first gen systems

not only me but others have same issue with Wifi. I don't know what to do know

I just attach ac9260 on my old laptop just work fine

thanks for your reply and help

0 Kudos
SLee108
Novice

M.2 just work fine and my x370 board has only one M.2 Sloat and 960Evo nvme ssd use it

I have dual boot with ubuntu on other ssd. so when I detach 960evo and attach ac9260 on that slot, ubuntu also cannot detect wifi too

not for my mainboard, other mainboard can not work on ac9260 wifi

ryzen has problem with pcie lane or other things with ac9260.

I just attach ac9260 on my old i5 3317U laptop and use ac8265 on my desktop

ac8265 work perfectly on ryzen desktop system.

thank you for your reply

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello everyone,

Just for you to know, issue was reported as fixed /message/520293# 520293 on this thread after applyinghttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html latest Intel wireless driver.

Regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
dforb1
Novice

I also will add myself to this growing list of disappointed Ryzen users (see here: ) who are unable to use the 9260 on their Ryzen systems. Like others, the older drivers won't allow the card to connect, only to see the network, and the latest driver release will result in a BSOD reboot loop. I even tried a completely clean installation of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update with the latest AMD chipset drivers and came to these same results. Intel needs to investigate and fix this issue. Thanks!

idata
Employee

Hello Hifihedgehog,

Thanks for your feedback, we'll pass it along to our business unit for consideration.

However, please bear in mind that so far all the reported scenarios share something in common, they're https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?_ga=1.33281086.1415059657.1457358642 unsupported custom wireless integrations.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
dforb1
Novice

Your answer is inapplicable and contextually does not make sense since the article you linked to is with regards to regulatory procedure. This is not a commercial product so there are virtually no regulations (besides ones common sense would tell one to do) that I am obligated to follow. Additionally, the Wi-Fi card was installed and used in the United States, where I reside, and where this card is fully certified to be operated without limitations. I just checked the FCC documentation myself.

Now, let's get back on topic and not derail to petty regulatory requirements since that has absolutely nothing to do with compatibility. If anything, your post only diverts and distracts. Not that I would except more from most of the Intel support "grunts" here, who were also clueless with the NUC issues I once had. In that case, I knew magnitudes more than these agents did and only Intel's actual engineering team, forced to step in, were knowledgeable enough to respond.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Hifihedgehog,

Thanks for your reply.

Just like any other device, not all wireless adapters are physically and electrically compatible with all systems. Therefore the integration must be validated by the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer). Some details of the complications you could face if an incompatible wireless gets installed on your system can be found here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=5846 Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?

The article refers to laptops, for desktop computers we offer the https://ark.intel.com/products/123742/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265-Desktop-Kit Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos