Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD graphics no audio HDMI

JJack18
Beginner

After an update for the graphics driver I lost my audio when laptop is connected to my TV with HDMI. I have rolled back the driver, updated the driver, uninstalled driver and reinstalled driver but nothing helps. When I go to Playback devices there is Realtek audio only. I have an HP laptop running Intel core i7-7500, cpu 2.7 2.9 ghz, 8 gb ram, Windows 10 64 bit

620 hd graphics. The current driver is 22.20.16.4718 but I have tried several. I also have another HP laptop which is very similar except that it is an i5 core and I did not update the graphics driver back in Dec 2017 like I did on the i7 and it does just fine. Any ideas appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello jimjack,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your thread captured my attention since I was able to notice that you have issues with our HD Graphics (audio HDMI). Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that this could be causing.

I understand and I am aware that you have tried several times to install and uninstall our generic drivers.

However I'll politely ask you to do it one more time, but following these instructions:

1-Open the Device Manager by Pressing the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.

2-Expand the Display Adapters section.

Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).

3-Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.

4-Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.

5-Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

After that please go ahead and uninstall the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method like this:

1-Open the Device Manager by Pressing the Windows key and the X key together, select Device Manager.

2-Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.

3-Find and right-click Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio.

4-Select Uninstall.

5-After the uninstall process finishes, reboot the computer again.

Once that the computer is back on, please download the latest generic graphics drivers for Intel 620 using the following link (this will update the audio drivers automatically):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=96551 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=96551

In order to install the generic drivers again, please follow these steps :

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

If by any chance you still have the same issue, we strongly encourage you to get in touch with HP, so they can provide you with the OEM drivers in order to get the issue fixed.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos