Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

OpenGL error with Iris 540

PHoff
Beginner

Hello together,

I'm using the most current driver for my Intel Iris 540 graphics. Since a few weeks I have problems starting a photo editing software that always worked fine. There's always the same error screen, because of a OpenGL problem (see file attached).

I have no idea because of what?! Could it be a problem with the new driver version? Can you please help, I couldn't find a solution in the internet so far...

Thanks,

flippi

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Might be helpful to name the software you are using.

The error message is obviously from https://www.qt.io/ QT framework used by the application.

0 Kudos
PHoff
Beginner

Hi Stefan,

I'm using photobook software from "Pixum" or "Cewe Fotobuch". Both only show the startup screen and show the same error hint after a few seconds.

Thanks for your help,

Philipp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello flippi,

I understand that you are having problems opening a photo-editing software. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, if possible, please re-install the software and make sure that it is updated to the latest version.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
PHoff
Beginner

Hello David,

Please find the file attached.

Thanks for your kind help,

Philipp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello flippi,

Thank you for your response,

I was checking the information of your system that you provided and I was able to see that you do not have the latest graphics driver.

Let us start by downloading and installing it, please refer to the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=91160 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=91160

Once the latest driver is installed, please restart the system and try again with the software. Also, please try to re-install the software.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
PHoff
Beginner

Hi David,

thanks for your help. I installed the latest driver and also re-installed the software again. Same error message as before. It's really strange, as I did not change anything in the system that could cause this sudden problem?!?!

Best regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello flippi,

Thank you for your response,

I am going to try and replicate the issue to see what can be the problem. However, I actually need a little more information. I need to know the model of the system that you are using.

Are you using a Laptop? An Intel ® NUC?

Once I have this information I will proceed to replicate the problem and see what the issue is to better assist you and attempt to find a fix for that.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
PHoff
Beginner

Hi David,

I'm using a NUC Kit. NUC6i5SYH

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello flippi,

Thank you for your response and for patiently waiting,

During the day I performed some testing on a NUC6I5SYH with the graphics driver 23.20.0016.4901 and in fact it was giving me an error message when opening any of the programs previously mentioned. Sometimes it would just not open and some other times it would show the error message.

For this I began doing some testing with the different graphics drivers we have and I was able to find a graphics driver which allows the software to open properly. No error messages were shown whatsoever. The recommended version that works with your program is the following:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88358 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88358

I strongly recommend to download and install this one for now. In order to do so, please download the ".zip" file and proceed to update the driver manually. Here are the steps that must be followed to do so:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

I will also proceed to report the problem that the latest drivers have been giving to the software you currently use to start a investigation on the matter.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
DToru
Beginner

Hello,

It is not the perfect solution to use an old driver version but that is working.

I hope the problem will be fixed in future drivers.

David T

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm using a NUC NUC6i7KYK and I have exactly the same problem.

Any idea to find solution?

Thanks for support.

Best regards,

P.-A. Dunand

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello padunand,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issues that you are experiencing with your Intel® NUC6i7KYK (graphic drivers), it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

Have you tried the steps specified on the post number 10 on this thread?

Those steps actually fixed the issue from the 2 previous users that were experiencing the same issue, so please go ahead and give them a try.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear Diego,

Thank you very much. It is ok now with this driver.

Best regards,

padunand

0 Kudos
DToru
Beginner

Hello,

I finally find somebody with the same problem.

Since end of december or begining of January my photo editing software (Cewe Photo) sends me the same error message. I think It is since I updated my Intel Graphic drivers in december.

I tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them but there is no difference. Finally I tried with an old AMD graphic card i had and the software ran again so I think the problem come from the Intel Graphic drivers.

I am using and Intel Core i5-6600 with an Intel HD Graphics 530.

David T

0 Kudos