Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

HD530 multiple monitor setting resets on powerup

bhonn
Novice

I recently installed a new computer for my home media setup.

Display setup:

OS Windows 10 x64

Intel HD Graphics 530 - Latest drivers installed.

Primary Display: Lenovo TIO22Gen3T Monitor - DP cable

Secondary Display: L G TV 60PA6500 TV - DP-HDMI adapter

Each time I start the system, only the Lenovo monitor is detected. I have to open the Intel Graphics HD Control Panel and set up multiple displays.

This setting is not retained when the system is shut down.

This has not been a problem on older setups.

How can I get the HD 530 to remember the display setup?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What motherboard? What processor? What Intel HD Graphics driver version ("latest" tells us nothing)?

0 Kudos
bhonn
Novice

First off, I would appreciate a bit more politeness in responding to my question. I really can't tell if you are just being curt or patronizing. Most customers are probably struggling to work through their problems and most of them are probably not very skilled in diagnosing computer issues. I am capable of obtaining any information you need - don't assume I should know everything you need ahead of time.

That said, I offered up "latest" drivers to inform you that my graphics drivers are up to date so we could maybe eliminate that task. In order to supply you with all the information you may need the following is the Intel Driver & Support Assistant report for my system:

Intel® Driver & Support AssistantDetailed Report

Last scan: 2/3/2018 7:48 PM

ComputerLENOVO 10M7003MUSSystem ManufacturerLENOVOSystem Model10M7003MUSSystem TypeDesktopMotherboard ManufacturerLENOVOMotherboard Product3102BIOS VersionUNKNOWNSMBIOS Version3.0Secure BootOnOperating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)Version1709OS Build10.0.16299Build Branchrs3_releaseLocaleEnglish (United States)Windows DirectoryC:\WINDOWSSystem DirectoryC:\WINDOWS\system32.NET Framework Versions2.0.50727.4927, 3.0.30729.4926, 3.5.30729.4926, 4.0.0.0, 4.7.02556Default Internet BrowserInternet Explorer 11.192.16299.0Installed Internet BrowsersGoogle Chrome, Internet Explorer 11.192.16299.0<h3 ...
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, this is what happens when you have to respond with the same questions to many, many queries.

In your case, I am torn with how to respond. On the one hand, I always try to push users to the versions of the drivers that have been validated by your board/system manufacturer (and with their existing BIOS implementations). On the other hand, there is a newer driver available from Intel (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88345 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60]) that you could try to see if it addresses your issue.

.. S

0 Kudos
BGord1
Beginner

Hi,

Just bought a laptop with a HD 500 Graphics and exactly the same issue.. when the laptop is restarted the external monitor is lost and must be detected again. A royal pain in the ass.

Laptop: HP G6 250 (2FG08PA)

Monitor: Asus 23.6" VP247HA connected by HDMI

Out of the box laptop driver version was 22.. and I upgraded to the latest 24. and the same thing.

Found this also happens when the laptop goes to sleep.

This is ridiculous. Any ideas please?

Cheers,

Bill

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI likwidsh0k: Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
bhonn
Novice

Sorry Bill, but I never did find a solution to this issue on my machine. I usually leave it running and the Intel display manager is left open in my tray, but when the system reboots for an update I have to restart the program again and set it to detect multiple monitors.

The newest update as of Feb did not solve this and I have not looked for an update in a few months. It sucks and no one at Intel has been able to offer a solution in the 21st century.

I would still like to see a solution.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Arydant: We are sorry to hear the problem persists.

There is a new driver available in our web site, it is version 24.20.100.6229, we can always install that driver to try to fix the problem:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10%3Fproduct%3D88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Arydant: I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
bhonn
Novice

I updater utility told me I was updated so I updated manually with the latest driver.

No change.

I have to launch HD graphics control panel and and have it detect the second display and keep it resident. It will not recognize any save configurations.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Arydant: You are very welcome.

There is a another driver that was recently released that we can test, it is version 24.20.100.6286, please let us know if the issue gets fixed by installing it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27988/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=88345

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
bhonn
Novice

That is the one I installed. No Change

0 Kudos
bhonn
Novice

In fact, now it's worse because it's "forgetting" while the program is resident and I have to run detect periodically to remind it that there are two monitors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Arydant: Thank you for sharing those results.

We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system. Please provide the SSU and graphics report while both monitors are connected and working:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Arydant: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos