Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Frequent stream freezing 415

JStev1
Beginner

Hi,

In the RealSense viewer I often get streams freezing (no frames received). I get this using librealsense in my own code too. It seems to be more common if I am streaming RGB at 1920x1080. My usual setup uses 1920x1080 RGB, 1280x720 Depth @ 15 FPS each. However I find that the stream can often freeze and return successfully frames but they are the same frames as before. So I could be capturing for 60 seconds and 1 stream is updating but the other stream has the same frame for the whole set. This happens frequently and sporadically. The worst part is that it does not cause any crashes so I am struggling to detect it. My plan was to try doing the hardware reset if I can detect this. Although, it is not an ideal solution. I am using the USB cables that cable with my unit and this happens on several different units.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In previous generations of RealSense cameras, it was recommended that if multiple streams of different types were being used, they should all use the same resolution. Could you try running both your depth and RGB at 1280x720 and 15 FPS and see if this makes a difference to performance, please?

0 Kudos
JStev1
Beginner

Changing them both to 1280x720 helps yes. However, I really need to stream at 1920x1080 on colour as I am using it for taking photos with depth behind them. I do not remember experiencing as frequent issues with the older R200 (although I'm aware it's depth resolution was lower).

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

One of the leaders of Librealsense, Dorodnic, commented in November 2017 about RGB and depth sync, and freezes / delays when doing so:

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/774 RGB and depth sync · Issue # 774 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos