Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

No Digital output Intel 4000 card Windows 10 1709 DQ77MK

SFles
New Contributor I

Within the past few weeks, our Windows 10 installations (through MDT) no longer output video when using a DVI cable. Intel drivers

10.18.10.4358 - Default when installed

10.18.10.4252 - Rolled back version

10.18.10.4653 - Downloaded from Intel

Last week, I could roll back to the Generic Microsoft Display Driver and get Digital output, but that doesn't seem to be working anymore.

We've had seemingly different issues with the 77s where they would lose video (always on the DVD-D white ports) in the past. Sometimes updating the drivers, sometimes uninstalling, reinstalling, sometimes resetting the BIOS and ultimately as of late shutting down fully seems to be the fix.

But none of these fixes work for this particular issue. They would work for some time on the DVI-D ports before "failing". This is straight off of the MDT load that we have no digital video on either DVI-D or DVI-I ports with a a DVI cable. Using a DVI to VGA adapter and VGA cable consistently works.

I suspect a recent Windows 10 update, but I'm hoping someone might be able to point us to one if you've seen the same issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

...I suspect a recent Windows 10 update...

Try 10.18.10.4885 from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

NEW FEATURES

Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update support

0 Kudos
SFles
New Contributor I

Thanks. Sorry for the delay. I've tried this with a scratch load of 1709, via MDT with no drivers and via MDT with just this driver assigned to the image.

It's definitely not a hardware issue. When installing a different drive, rolling back a driver, rebooting, or booting into safe mode, I get the same issues...

Once back in normal mode, a DVI cable WILL NOT give video. I can attach a VGA cable with a VGA/DVI adapter and get video from the blue port, then disconnect that and attach a straight DVI cable and get no video.

I repeated this in multiple variants, multiple times. I do not have this issue with 1607. Once 1607 gets updated to 1709, the issue returns.

0 Kudos
SFles
New Contributor I

Still nothing. This seems to happen to random PCs after Windows updates. Both the 3000 and 4000 video chipset are affected. rds are D!67sw and DQ77MK

Our two boards affected are DQ67SW and DQ77MK.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, sflesch.

Have you tried the Windows 10* RS4 version (17134)? If not, you can update your Windows* through this tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3159635/windows-10-update-assistant Windows 10 Update Assistant.

Third party links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, sflesch.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos