Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

No HDR Options on Intel Graphics 630

DSera
Beginner

Dear all,

I am sorry to bother you again, but I have another issue with the Intel Graphics 630 Controller. The HDR option is off and I cannot actívate it. I cannot stream in HDR either. I have a Sony XD90 Series, which is fully compatible with HDR. I tried to play a HDR game on the Ps4 Pro and it Works perfectly. I also tried to connect the computer with my dedicated graphic card (Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti), and the option "Activate HDR" is active. COnversely, I do not have this option when I use the Intel graphics 630 driver. I checked the fórum and it seems that I am not the only one to have this problem, but it has not been solved yet.

Obviously, I have the latest Intel and Windos driver, the Tv is connected via HDMI and I am using the integrated video driver.

Please find attached all the information that you need to address this issue.

Best regards,

danser86

0 Kudos
26 Replies
arost
Beginner

also looking for an answer to this question

on the nvidia 1080ti card, the HDR option is available and works on intel i7 8700k not working

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello danser86 and rostan242

Thank you for joining the community.

You have mentioned that the video connection is over HDMI® cable, is that cable HDMI® to HDMI®? Is it an HDMI® 2.0?

Let me share with you that for HDR the connection has been with HDMI® 2.0 you can see that on the following link on page 44

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/8th-gen-processor-family-s-platform-datasheet-vol-1.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/8th-gen-processor-family-s-platform-datasheet-vol-1.html

In addition, please make sure that the HDR feature is activated on the OS, this following link can help to activate the HDR

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

Of course it is an hdmi 2.0 cable... it is the same cable I use to play HDR games on the PS4 pro (with the HDR activated), and it works perfectly. It is also the same cable I use to display HDR with my Nvidia graphic card.

regarding the HDR feature... that s the point. I cannot enable this option because it just does not exist. And I cannot stream HDR content either.

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

thanks for links I checked everything according to the link and it shows HDR supported but it is not available.

dxdiag with connection to intel graphics show HDR supported but show DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

use same hdmi cable and connected to nvidia show DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020 and that is ok

how to change that thanks for help

0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem. In the DxDiag File, it displays that HDR is supported, but it is not showing the whole range of colors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided; we are investigating the situation

Could please test the system with basic configuration? (Meaning without video card, if you have a desktop system)

In addition could you please fill up the report on the following link? (both of you)

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

Dear Leonardo,

Regarding your suggestion of trying without the dedicated graphic card, this was the first thing I tried. It did not worked.

Regarding the information, I had already submitted it in the first post I sent you. Anyway, please find attached the data you requested.

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

Unfortunately, I have also tested without nvidia card and it is still exactly the same

I attach files

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the files attach, could you both please fill up the table on link to continue working on the investigation and attach the table to the thread

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

There is no HDR option, and the HDR streaming is not available. Despite being HDR compatible, the graphic drivers do not display the full range of colors.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630"

Processor "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz"

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

I tried both configurations, with and without the dedicated graphic card (Nvidia Geforce GTX 980ti). When using the Nvidia dedicated card, everything works perfectly and the HDR option is available and activated. When removing the graphic card and using the integrated graphic drivers, such option is not available.

<p style="margin-bottom: ...
0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

Dear Leonardo,

Please find attached in the previous email the requested information.

Regarding the DxDiag and the other tests, I have already submitted them at least three times in the last 5 days. Since they have not changed, I do not think you need it.

Can you please assist me with this issue and try to find a solution? I have tried all the possible configurations with the latest drivers installed. But the problem is still there.

Best,

danser86

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

There is no HDR option, and the HDR streaming is not available. Despite being HDR compatible, the graphic drivers do not display the full range of colors.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630"

Processor "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz"

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

I tried both configurations, with and without the dedicated graphic card (Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080ti). When using the Nvidia dedicated card, everything works perfectly and the HDR option is available and activated. When removing the graphic card and using the integrated graphic drivers, such...

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to step in and try to help if that is ok with you.

danser86 from the files you kindly provided before, I saw you have an Asus* ROG Maximus X Hero motherboard (please correct me if I'm wrong). From the https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/ official specifications I see the HDMI output is revision 1.4b. I regret confirming that for HDR to work the HDMI output has to be revision 2.0a. If on the other hand you are trying to use DisplayPort or USB Type-C, I can confirm that HDR would require either to support DisplayPort revision 1.3 or higher.

Are you using any adapter? If so, please share the make and model so I can investigate this further.

rostan242 I couldn't figure out the exact model of the Asrock* motherboard you have from the files you posted. However, the information I posted above still applies. Let's check what is the specification for the video output you are using on your computer first.

In addition, please let me know if you have any other device between the PC and the TV (e.g. AV Receiver).

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

my motherboard is FATAL1TY Z370 PROFESSIONAL GAMING I7 INTEL Z370

it is generally connected to the denon avr 6300h but i tried to setup without the receiver directly for tv

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi again rostan242

I checked the specifications for the https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z370%20Professional%20Gaming%20i7/index.asp# Specification FATAL1TY Z370 PROFESSIONAL GAMING I7 and while it doesn't spell out the HDMI revision, it says the maximum supported resolution is 4096x2160@30hz, which is consistent with HDMI revision 1.4.

I'm deducting this based on the fact that the maximum resolution supported on HDMI 2.0 should be 4096x2160@60hz, thus I think the motherboard outputs are not HDR capable.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

from what I see, there is no motherboard for intel 8th generation with hdmi 2.0

there is the displayport option, now there are two questions whether the displayport also send bitstrem sound

or maybe just buy an adapter with hdmi on the displayport 4k @ 60hz

0 Kudos
arost
Beginner

I bought adapter displayport 1.4 to hdmi 2.0a and unfortunately, the HDR option is not available , refreshing is available now 60hz

I thought it was the adapter not work, but I connected it to the nvidia card and everything works without problems any solution

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

Using a DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0a adapter should work, as long as the DP output on the laptop/motherboard is also DP revision 1.4. That would explain why with the discrete graphics card it works fine (newer Nvidia cards feature either DP 1.3 or DP 1.4)rostan242 the DP in the Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 is DP 1.2 so even with the adapter it won't work. Give me a few more days so I can explore with USB Type-C to HDMI 2.0a adapters.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
DSera
Beginner

Dear Ronald,

It makes sense and it explains perfectly why I am not getting HDR and, probably also why I cannot stream 4k content on Netflix. Finally a satisfying response. Many thanks.

That said, and considering my pc specs, is there any cable and/or adapter I can use to solve this issue? Can you please recommend me a good one? I am connecting the pc to the Denon AVR-X3300W receiver, which is HDMI 2.0 HDR compatible.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best,

Danser86
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

I'm happy to hear that I'm able to help.

Intel cannot really recommend any specific make and model for 3rd party components, but let me investigate some adapters and perhaps try some of them on my own first. This could take me some thing but give me a couple of weeks.

I'll update this thread as soon as I can.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos