Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

BSODs after sleep and disappearing D drive

TDela
Beginner

Greetings: I have a new Alienware 15r3 that crashes when waking from prolonged sleep. I get the "Driver IRQL not Less or Equal" stopcode, and the failure is in iaStorA.sys, which is part of IRST. I tried updating the IRST driver from 15.7.5.1025 to the newest, 15.9.0.1015, and that seemed to fix the problem. However, upon awakening I'd get the message that IRST had removed a SATA disk, i.e., my D drive. The drive totally vanished. It would reappear again just fine on reboot. So, in fixing one sleep problem, I created another. Any advice?

Thanks!

Tim

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TJDx2,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

I am glad to assist you, please provide us the following information to check your system configuration.

Please provide us the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report.

You can download the software https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- here.

Also please provide us the System Report in the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST).

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, Stephen! The files you requested are attached.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TJDx2,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please try installing the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) version 14.8.16.1063:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

Let us know the result.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for your suggestion. Before I try it, can you clarify something? The version you recommend is older than the one I have currently installed, and older still than your latest version. When I click on that link, it tells me to use the newer version. I'm just wondering what your thinking is here.

Best,

Tim

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TJDx2,

I understand, however is for testing purposes, that version was stable.

You can try installing that version to see if the issue do not longer occur.

Regards,

Stephen
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello TJDx2,

I was checking your thread and would like to know if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate in replying back so we can continue helping you.

Regards,

Stephen C.
0 Kudos
TDela
Beginner

Thanks for asking, Stephen, but ultimately I returned the Alienware to the vendor. There were too many issues.

0 Kudos