Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can I get uncompressed/unprocessed RGB/IR stream

AAhme16
Beginner

Hi,

I need a camera where I can get uncompressed/unprocessed RGB/IR stream.

By unprocessed I don't mean the raw Bayer, but at least a raw RGB streams where the auto image-adjusting functions are disabled.

(e.g., auto shutter, auto white-balance, auto gain, auto exposure, and autofocus)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Y16 is an unrectified IR stream. Its functionality is limited though (two supported resolutions), as it is intended for use in camera claibration rather than everyday use in applications.

AAhme16
Beginner

thanks, MartyG

How about the RGB stream? any ideas?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Y16 IR channel is the only one available that is unrectified.

I do not know of a way to get unrectified RGB, unfortunately. In the 400 Series cameras, rectification is done in the camera's D4 Vision Processor component before the camera data gets to the PC.

The SR300 camera model does not apply distortion to its color stream, according to SDK 2.0's Projection system documentation, so getting the RGB stream from an SR300 or SR300-compatible camera may be an option. For example, in the RealSense Viewer you could have a D415 and an SR300 attached, with D415 set to Y16 for unrectified IR and the SR300 being used for the RGB stream.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/Projection-in-RealSense-SDK-2.0# sr300 Projection in RealSense SDK 2.0 · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

0 Kudos
AAhme16
Beginner
0 Kudos