Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphic card control panel won't open

MBabl
Beginner

Hello i have a problem

intel HD graphic card control panel Keep " initializing" but won't open

what should i do ?
0 Kudos
17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to download and run this utility, and attach the results so an Intel support engineer can assist you:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

Doc

0 Kudos
MBabl
Beginner

i did that now

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bably,

Thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Please, remove the current Intel® HD Graphics driver version with the steps below and then proceed to install the recommended driver for your computer model mentioned in these steps.

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.
  7. If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat steps 1 through 6.
  8. Proceed to install driver https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=J5PT2&osCode=WT64A&productCode=inspiron-15-5559-laptop

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DMacn1
Beginner

I have the same problem. I've attached my Intel SSU file. The Windows Event Viewer says that Gfxv4_0.exe (i.e., the Intel Graphics Control Panel) stopped working with an APPCRASH. Here's Problem Details from Windows 10 Security and Maintenance:

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\cui_comp.inf_amd64_f7412e3e3404de80\Gfxv4_0.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Gfxv4_0.exe

Application Version: 8.15.10.5037

Application Timestamp: 5ad79aaa

Fault Module Name: igdrclneo64.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5a96b19b

Exception Code: c000041d

Exception Offset: 000000000019ee5f

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 2eb3

Additional Information 2: 2eb306f045eabca89f90a3c90df1e662

Additional Information 3: 482a

Additional Information 4: 482a12ac9ec27754e9321fe577c5b367

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: e21b0acde27aeef4b41b202a5518b2ec (1448787071318143724)

Thank you for your help,

DonMac

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Follow the same steps above and install the recommended driver for your computer model: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=MYY4X&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-15-9570-laptop Intel UHD Graphics 630 P630 | Dell US

Amy C

0 Kudos
DMacn1
Beginner

Hello Amy,

Thank you. I have some questions. In the steps above you suggest that I should delete display adapters until the computer has only something like "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", But my computer came from the factory with a second display adapter, which is called "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti". If I want to get down to only the Microsoft adapter, I will need to uninstall the Nvidia adapter.

Are you suggesting that I need to uninstall the device for the Nvidia adapter for things to work properly? Of will everything be okay if simply uninstall all graphics devices that contain the name "Intel"?

Thanks again,

Don Macnaughton

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Don,

These steps applied to the Intel adapter, so yes, simply uninstall all graphics devices that contain the name "Intel".

Amy C

0 Kudos
DMacn1
Beginner

Hello Amy,

Thank you. I've downloaded the file in your link, uninstalled the old adapter (which I had to do twice), and installed the new adapter. Everything is working fine with my three monitors.

However, the Intel Graphics Control Panel isn't present in the list of control panel items. Should it be present? If so, what do you recommend I do to make it present?

Thank you,

Don.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since the driver is the provided by Dell, I would recommend to contact their support to confirm why you are unable to find the Control Panel with this driver version installed.

Amy C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Bably,

Hope you were able to check the suggestion below.

Amy C

0 Kudos
MAndr19
Beginner

I have the same problem, tried installing different versions but didn't have any luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please, follow the steps mentioned before.

Amy C

0 Kudos
MAndr19
Beginner
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Since the steps provided worked for other users, the issue might be isolated to your particular computer model. Please, contact your computer manufacturer for more assistnace regarding this issue.

Amy C

0 Kudos
IAkba1
Beginner

I am having the same issue. Here is my file.

0 Kudos
IAkba1
Beginner

Meaning I cannot run intel graphics control panel

0 Kudos
ncare2
Beginner

Hi Im having the same problem

0 Kudos