Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Can't update Wireless AC-8265 driver

PAles1
Beginner

I have a new Asus X510UA laptop Win10 home 64. The wifi connection drops intermittently. Another laptop and phone on the same network never drop the connection.

I have tried uninstalling the network adapter. I have tried changing to the Microsoft version of the driver.

I see - and the Intel auto detect system says - a new driver is available. I have tried to install the new driver manually and using the Intel auto update.

The install window opens and the message says INSTALLATION BLOCKED "This software package cannot be installed on your computer" Resolve the issue and try again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello 24Peter

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PAles1
Beginner

Perhaps this will help others:

I was able to update the wireless adapter driver to a more recent version through the "Update Driver" tab in the Device Manager>Properties for the Intel wireless network adapter in Win 10. Again, the big source of frustration was I could neither manually nor through Intel Automated driver detection accomplish this and was left with a cryptic error message and no solution. Also - no suggestion anywhere in the Intel support page regarding the updated drivers to do a clean install. Thank you for the suggestion and I will try it but it would helpful for that suggestion to do a clean install to accompany the driver updates on the Intel support page..

The driver update I did through the Device Manager did not resolve the issue. It seems to be related to when a Bluetooth device is connected to the same computer. So I updated the Intel Bluetooth driver (again through the Device Manager since like the wireless driver I couldn't install it manually or through the Intel automation tool). That appeared to improve the situation for two days. But today I again lost the wireless connection several times. As I said there are no connectivity issues with two other wireless devices on the same network so am pretty sure the issue is device specific.

I will try to perform the clean install and report back. Thanks again for your assistance with this matter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 24Peter

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
PAles1
Beginner

Thank you Leonardo.

I did the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers as suggested.

When I rebooted, Win 10 reinstalled the "default" driver.

The problem persisted.

I updated the Wireless Driver thru the Device Manager>Update Driver

A more recent (but apparently not the most recent) driver was installed.

So far so good. I have not had the issue in a few days.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos