Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Difference between intel Optane and SSD

idata
Employee

Hii ,

I want to know the detail difference between intel Optane and SSD .

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Manan0751,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

While an SSD is a device used for persistent data storage in memory, the Intel® Optane™ Memory is a system acceleration solution designed to work between the processor and SATA-based storage devices. This allows the system to access the data on the storage device more quickly, which can improve overall system responsiveness.

I hope this clarifies your concern. You can find additional information about the Intel® Optane™ Memory in the following site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Manan0751,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

While an SSD is a device used for persistent data storage in memory, the Intel® Optane™ Memory is a system acceleration solution designed to work between the processor and SATA-based storage devices. This allows the system to access the data on the storage device more quickly, which can improve overall system responsiveness.

I hope this clarifies your concern. You can find additional information about the Intel® Optane™ Memory in the following site: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos