Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Windows 1803 Wireless-AC 8265 wifi problem

DRuth
Beginner

I installed the new 1803 windows version. However, after a while, my internet card (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265) started to disappear. The taskbar icon became a red x, there was no longer a wifi tab in the network and internet settings and it had completely disappeared from the device manager and adaptor options. I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers (intel pro set wifi 20.60.0.0, 20.70.0.0 and 20.80.0.0) and moving the network card to a different PCI slot and resetting windows. Only fully reinstalling windows fixes the problem but the problem occurs again after a week or so of use. I have tried using a couple different usb wifi adaptors and one of them had the same problem as the original network card and one that allowed me to use the internet. I have searched online for a solution with a couple of people having similar issues but with no solution. Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DRuth
Beginner

Also, there is a small amount of video stuttering on edge (not on other browsers) and security pin settings also showed some odd bugs (signing me out and not letting me sign in or not hiding windows account settings from the task bar when I removed the pin). I had considered installing windows version 1709 and then stopping the 1803 update. However, I don't really want to stop my pc from updating. Does Microsoft know this is a known issue?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Because these connectivity issues started happening after updating Windows* 10, I would like to take a look at your system configuration.

Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Also, please check the recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

HI Wanner G,

Thanks for the reply. I have already used the scan before and didn't give much information for a solution but here is the most recent scan with just the main network card (8265). I can also upload a scan with 3 network adaptors plugged in, only one of which is working if it would help?

As for the recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity, I cannot access any of the Network settings on the adaptor as it is missing from all settings and device manager. Only the Bluetooth part of it shows up witch is working fine.

I have also tried; getting all the relevant drivers and software from the parts manufactures websites (gigabyte) and from the websites of the most up to date drivers (intel/nvidia), the windows network reset and the CMD network scan.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

Thank you for your response.

We would like to gather more information to continue troubleshooting this issue.

Please check if the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is displayed under Programs and Features in Windows. If it is displayed, follow these steps:

-Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.

-Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.

-When prompted, choose to discard settings.

-Restart the computer.

Please let us know if the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software is not displayed at all.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Wanner G,

after removing the PROSet/Wireless Software and discarding settings and restarting the PROSet/Wireless Software does not show up.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

Thank you for performing the steps recommended above.

Please attempt to install the latest wireless driver one more time.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28143/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Wanner G

Installed the 64bit drivers from the link once more. Restarted the pc a couple of times, no change. Performed another windows network reset and restarted a couple of times, still the same issue.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

Thank you for trying out the steps recommended.

Because this issue started happening after a Windows* update, we will do further research about it.

We will get back to you soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Wanner G,

Thanks for the reply and letting me know that this issue is being looked into. Hopefully it can be resolved in the future. I will reply here if I find anymore information or a solution.

Thanks for your time,

Danel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

We would like to gather some information to continue troubleshooting this issue.

1. Could you please attach a picture of the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265?

2. How is the wireless card connected to the motherboard? (Please attach a picture)

Please let me know if you do not feel comfortable attaching those pictures publicly.

It is worth mentioning that your feedback is highly appreciated.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
DRuth
Beginner

Hi Wanner G,

Thanks for getting back in touch and investigating the problem further. The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 is a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I (rev. 4.3). I have attached two pictures, one showing the network card plugged in to a PCIe slot. It is also connected to the motherboard via a 9 pin USB header cable. Hopefully these pictures are sufficient, I can take more if need be.

Thanks again,

Daniel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

Thank you for providing us with this information.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello bobordan,

I appreciate your patience.

Based on the information provided, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 is supported by your system. You have also performed a few troubleshooting steps with no positive result.

This seems to be a hardware issue, so our recommendation is that you can contact your system manufacturer so that they can provide you with further instructions to continue troubleshooting this issue.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
CMele2
Beginner

Hi,

I got the exact same issue with a Samsung Always 9 Pen (2018). Recently bought, so completely freshly installed. Same Windows 10 version 1803

Intel card 8265 latest driver from Intel website

It's not easy to find a solution for this topic because all websites only mentioned about uncheck the "turn off this device to save power" on the network adaptor setting.

I have also disabled the Fast Startup from Windows 10 settings

I found a similar post on bleepingcomputer.com forum

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/682831/wifi-fails-to-detect-any-networks-after-sleep-reboot-only-fix/?p=4616987 Wifi fails to detect any networks after sleep, reboot only fix. - Windows 10 Support

I have also tried to reset the TCP/IP stack with these commands but same results...

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
  • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

After a random period of time (minutes, sometimes hours, ..) after sleep, i got a red cross on the wifi logo, on the Control Panel, Wifi menu disappeared, on the Adapter list, you can still see the network card, you can disable, enable the wifi adapter, no difference, the only solution is to restart

Bluetooth is still ok

I got the latest driver

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=94150 Download Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10

any solution?

It sounds like a buggy driver more than an hardware issue, as it works after 1st startup or restart. and it's a random period of time...

It's very annoying when i start to work on something, the laptop go to sleep, then it wakes up, i need to close of my program to restart my computer to get back my wifi connection,

Hope you will fix this issue soon!

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SuperDark,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities.

As mentioned before, this could be related to a hardware issue that only your computer manufacturer can help you to diagnose. You can also contact your computer manufacturer in order to install the customized version for your computer model.

Samsung: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ Support | Samsung US

Amy C

0 Kudos
Floghi
Beginner

I noticed that my desktop computer started to have the exact same issue/behavior with my Intel dual band wireless-ac 8265.

Also, when the WiFi is gone, the Bluetooth still works.

Finally, I used an Ubuntu Live disk and the problem persisted within the live Ubuntu session. It seems to be, therefore, a hardware related issue...

0 Kudos