Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D435 Power Requirements

idata
Employee

Hello,

I would like to connect a D435 camera to a laptop (via USB 3). However, I am not sure the laptop will provide enough amps to power a D435, essentially under peak load. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows how many amps are required to power a D435 camera. (I am assuming that the camera works with 5V).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
WTatt
New Contributor I

We run both the D435 and D415 on laptops without issues - the d4xx usb ports are however somewhat sensitive at times - and there are sometimes variations from computer connection to connection.

Westa
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In addition to the reply that Westa kindly provided, the discussion linked to below may be of interest to you.

When running at high resolution, the 400 Series cameras draw less power than the older SR300 model did.

idata
Employee

Great! Thank you for your responses. Do you mind sharing the specs of the computer you used to capture the RealSense data?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I know your question was likely directed at Westa. In my own case though, I use an Acer Aspire ES 15, an i3 laptop, for RealSense.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-i3-6100U-Windows-ES1-572-31KW-Version/dp/B01J42JPL4 Acer Aspire ES 15, 15.6" HD, Intel Core i3-6100U, 4GB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

0 Kudos
WTatt
New Contributor I

ASUS i7s and Dell I5s, and even Dell AMD A8s. (usb 3.0 and usb 3.1 an usb 3.2 variants across all)

There is not a great deal of CPU processing required to capture the data - most of the heavy lifting gets done in the sensor.

However, when it comes to processing and visualizing the data - the more powerful the cpu the better the results - there is a lot of math going on per frame of data especially once you head up to 1270 resolution

Westa

0 Kudos